MAD DOG MegaStor MD-16XDVD9

[qanda]This thread is about the MAd Dog Multimedia Megastor MD-16XDVD9. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Hello, I’ve been having a lot of trouble trying to set the booktype of my dvd burner from DVD+R to DVD-ROM. Mad Dog burners aren’t very popular so there seems to be very little info on how do to so =[. After reading a little bit of information in other forums I saw that some readers used a tool called “WinBTypeV2.exe” to change the booktype of their mad dog drives. However the Mad Dog multimedia website has been offline for quite some type, so any links leading to WinBTypeV2.exe lead to a 404 error page. Does anyone know of an alternate way to change the booktype of my dvd burner? or if anyone has WinBTypeV2.exe and is kind enough to upload it to rapishare/megaupload it would be greatly appreciated.

@ Spikedude,

Welcome to the Forum.

MadDog was not a manufacture of ANY electronic devices but was a retailer that ReBadged other manufacture’s electronic devices. Most MadDog Multimedia Megastor MD-16XDVD9 DVD Burners were ReBadged NEC ND-3500A DVD Burners. In short your MadDog Multimedia Megastor MD-16XDVD9 DVD Burner is actually a NEC ND-3500A DVD Burner.

Suggest ambling over to the NEC DVD Burner Forum (http://club.cdfreaks.com/f86) and acquaint yourself with how the NEC ND-3500A bit sets DVD+R to book type DVD-ROM.

Forum Member Liggy has modified NEC ND-3500A Firmware available that has automatic booktype bit setting. Suggest visiting Liggy’s modified NEC Firmware Page ->

http://liggydee.cdfreaks.com/page/en/NEC-ND-3500A

If you look on the left-hand side of the above Web Page you will note that there is a “Flashing Tutorial” that details how to flash your MadDog Multimedia Megastor MD-16XDVD9 DVD Burner with the modified NEC ND-3500A automatic booktype bit setting Firmware.

Automatic booktype bit setting Firmware means that through the DVD Burner Firmware booktype bit setting of DVD+R Media to DVD-ROM is done automatically during the Burning of the DVR+R Media and no user intervention is required.

Regards,
bjkg

try downloading this file.

While some 3500 firmwares indeed have automatic bitsetting, I would still prefer firmwares that allow manual changes.