I am getting frustrated by reading the NEC forums because there are so many variations of the NEC 3500A firnware. I have a 1213s@1633s and I dont have issues with modded firmware because there is only one person maintaining the mods plus messing around with the firmware is easy because of the existing utilities. Right now, I have the maddog 2FA modded. I dont have time to burn all different types of media with different firmware just to figure out the best one. THe media codes I use most :
CMC DVD+R 4x
TY YUDEN 02
Can somebody PLEASE just tell us the best firmware for this maddog 3500A. Thanks.
Here is what I know so far:
1. TDB firmwares - all stock firmware from diff manuf but with rip lock and RPC
2. Liggys and Dees - there's a V_R3 and there's a beta 12!!????
- these firmwares are based from TDB with modified strategies
3. Herrie - up to 2.18, i read that most people recommend herrie's 2.17, is this still true
- did herrie modify strategies?
4. Quikee - similar to LDs, strategies are modified
Is there like a comparison chart for all firmwares. I found this site :
http://www.micheldeboer.nl/firmware/index.html but I dont think all firmware is up-to-date and you have no idea when the firmwares listed were released.