MacX DVD Ripper Pro - Never Completes Rip

vbimport

I have been a long time user of DVDFab on my Mac for sometime and thought I’d try something new. Only because of the scan speed.

Unfortunately every DVD rip I have tried to use with MacX DVD Ripper it never completes the rip. cutting anywhere from 30 Mins to 10 Mins off the end of the movie.

I have tried changing to different formats, MP2,MP4 H264 etc but it has made no difference what profile I choose.

This is a last ditch effort for resolution before asking for my money back.
DVDFab still works albeit slow on initial scan.

Im running an i7 iMac with ElCapitan.

Hi Ausloki,

Sorry for the inconvenience. Please enable the “Safe Mode” option on the main interface of the program (as shown) and have a try again.

If you still have any problem, please tell me and we are glad to help you out.

Monica

I am also experiencing the same issue, I have tried to use safe mode but it stops after 10-15 minutes. I have tried several different DVDs and they all fail. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the application but it has also not solved the problem.

Is there any update?

[QUOTE=Monica5876;2765766]Hi Ausloki,

Sorry for the inconvenience. Please enable the “Safe Mode” option on the main interface of the program (as shown) and have a try again.

If you still have any problem, please tell me and we are glad to help you out.

Monica[/QUOTE]

Would you like the crash report?

Do I need to start a new post?

[QUOTE=digican;2765858]Is there any update?[/QUOTE]

Hi digican,

I was just back from holiday. Sorry for my late reply.

I’m sorry that MacX DVD Ripper Pro does not work well for you. Considering the problem you faced, please contact our support team (support@macxdvd.com) with the log file, and we could do better analyses for you and provide detailed assistance. Thanks for your understanding.

btw, the latest version of MacX DVD Ripper Pro is 4.6.1 built on Dec 15, 2015. You could check whether the program installed is the newest. Thanks.

Thanks, I have just emailed.

[QUOTE=digican;2766038]Thanks, I have just emailed.[/QUOTE]

OK. I believe you would receive an effective solution soon.

Have a nice day :slight_smile:

Monica

Hi, I’m getting the same problem.

Using the latest version 5.5.0 (20170322).

Hi Russi,
Thank you first for using our software. As for the problem, please enable the “Safe Mode” option on the main interface of the program and have a try again.

If you still have the problem, please comment below and we will try our best to help you out. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Have a nice day!
Monica

Hi,

With or without safe mode, same problem.

Hi Russ1,

Sorry to hear that. pls email our support team (support@macxdvd.com) with the log file, and then they could do better analysis and help you out asap.

P.S. you can find the log file by clicking the envelope icon in the top right corner.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best,
Monica

Hi, i think you have a software issue.

I have tried to rip several DVDs and some work - some don’t. The ones that dont work all seem to stop ripping around 1hr 1 minute and some odd seconds. I have tried to use “safe mode” with same result. I have tried to rip from the point that the original rip stopped, but only get a couple of minutes added.

I really would like to get this solved as your software is almost useless if not fixed.

Kristian Nielsen

HI,

I think what is happening here is that the system automatically chose the wrong title. If it chooses a title with read errors, then the rip will never complete.

I had this happen with a movie where the title with the longest time was automatically chosen by the system. This was the title with read errors. When I manually chose a different title, the rip completed successfully.

I hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Don James