Macromedia jumps on DRM bandwagon with Contribute 2.0

vbimport

I just posted the article Macromedia jumps on DRM bandwagon with Contribute 2.0.

According to a report at ExtremeTech, Macromedia will unleash it's new Contribute 2.0 in  July sporting the controversial Macrovision Safecast technology. This is the  same strategy that...
Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/6246-Macromedia-jumps-on-DRM-bandwagon-with-Contribute-2_0.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/6246-Macromedia-jumps-on-DRM-bandwagon-with-Contribute-2_0.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

This is why I only buy hardrives and motherboards that allow me to write protect sector 0. If the software doesn’t work, well then that’s just too bad. I’ll find an open source alternative.

It’s glad to see there are other OpenSource users on this forum. DRM Security you say. What security?!..

I wouldn’t trust any software apart from operating systems writing to the master boot sectore of a hard drive! It may be fine if you’re running a Microsoft operating system, but for those who have dual boot systems, e.g. Linux or Solaris as their second OS, writing to the master boot sector will likely make the PC unbootable and give the appearance of a virus present on the system! :+ Most PC BIOS’s do master boot sector checks upon each bootup (unless you disable it) and if this sector gets modified, a virus warning will appear upon bootstrap. Imaging this problem being caused by a virus checker! I’m using AVG-freeware (free of ads/spyware) and this has already stopped a good number of viruses from coming in my PC :d

wtf suck my cock bitch dont want your damn bloated crap on my system…Yes Avg is the best antivius soft there is …

I don’t know why people have a problem with Macromedia - after all - they are just supplying a demand.

Quote: “I don’t know why people have a problem with Macromedia - after all - they are just supplying a demand.” The policy of end user rights and rights in total seem to take a back seat according to Macromedia. the old addage says guilty until proven innocent, or was that the other way round. :B