Macromedia Flash Player 7

vbimport

I’m not sure whether or not this is the right forum to ask this question, so if I’m in the wrong forum, please let me know and accept my apology. :o

I just bought a new computer and received an e-mail with a ShockwaveFlash attachment. I hadn’t yet downloaded Shockwave or Flash, so I went to the Macromedia site and got both free downloads. I then went to my e-mail attachment to open it and it asked what program I want to open the attachment with. Now here’s the problem: Neither Shockwave nor Flash show up in my programs in the Folder Options Control Panel! I’ve done a search on my entire hard drive but cannot find the executable Flash file to associate with the Flash file I received.

Does anyone have any idea where Macromedia places the executable file for Flash during the automatic download and installation? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. C.J. :cool:

What you installed was a set of plugins for your Web browser. They are not standalone applications that can be executed. Try opening the attachment in Internet Explorer.

Thanks for the suggestion Rehab. I just tried it, but again got the message “Unable to Open” and to select a program to open it. This is annoying as hell.

Did you rebbot your computer after installing. Try that!

Yep. Dominator, I tried rebooting, but the file still wouldn’t open. Interestingly, I’ve visited web sites powered by Macromedia Flash and the software works great. Thanks for the suggestion though. I’ve concluded that I can live without seeing the Flash attachment on my e-mail. I give up!

Perhaps save the attachment to your disk first, then open it?