Mac To TV

Hi there,

I recently bought a TV adaptor so i can run a S-video cable from the mac adaptor to the TV. It displays on the TV… however the colour on the TV is so bad it looks like its black and white (though there is colour bit it is very faint). It still looks fine on the MAC but the TV looks awful. My TV looks fine with normal channels and the colour is fine. Also no sound comes out of the TV. Anyone know how i fix this. Otherwise i just wasted another 50 bucks on a piece of junk and have been let down by macs once again.

Here are my comp specs:

Machine Name: iMac G5
Machine Model: PowerMac8,2
CPU Type: PowerPC G5 (3.0)
Number Of CPUs: 1
CPU Speed: 2 GHz
L2 Cache (per CPU): 512 KB
Memory: 512 MB
Bus Speed: 667 MHz
Boot ROM Version: 5.2.5f1

Thanks alot for your time,

DrStrange

I’m not farmiliar with macs (perhaps it would be helpfull if you told exactlly what the tv adapter you got is), but I can help with the sound. S video only carries video. You will need to use a sepereate line for the audio. If your mac is anything like a pc, there should be an output that looks kind of like a headphone jack (called a mini plug). It’s not a normal headphone jack though, but rather a line level out (not amplified like a headphone jack is). You can get an adapter for a few dollars that will convert it to rca plugs that can plug to your tv for the sound or you can also get adapter cables like this.
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1631982&CatId=453
They are pretty common and can be gotten at may electronics stores (radio shack, fry’s). I even think that ipods etc. can use one of these so maybe other stores like best buy would have them, though they tend to rape you when it comes to cables (especially if it a “special cable for an ipod”, even though its the same thing).

Well tha mac has different adaptors for each machine (stupidly) but i have one that plugs in to some strange port (i dont know the name for it) but it basically exits with s-video and the audio port you are talking about… It has the audio port you are talking about thanks for the advice. The main problem is the colour… anyone got ideas?