Mac OS X + ND-3500A issues

I am using OS X 10.3.3 and Patchburn 3 with my ND-3500A installed internally. I seem to have an issue ejecting disks - I haven’t been able to pin point the exact trigger. Also if the disk won’t eject, any software trying to access the drive will lock up, then I can’t even force quit or kill the application from the command prompt. A hard shut down is the only resolution.

I have a FireWire / USB 2.0 enclosure for it, but I don’t have the correct cable for it yet. Has anyone had an experience like or can you offer any tips?

Hey There, I recently replaced my internal cd/DVD rom combo drive in my emac 700mhz 10.3.5 with the nd-2500A and am finding the same problem. I have a suspicion that the screensaver or sleep function may be a problem but I’m not sure. The drive works really well though when everything is happy. To get any app other than Toast 6.07 to recognise the burner I had to download a patch from Lacie. Maybe there is another patch. Guess I’ll keep searching… :frowning:

I think I solved my issue, though I don’t know if it will help you. Initially I installed the drive (inernal) with Cable Select jumped because that is what the previous drive was set to. I have since changed it to Master, since it seems to be the only drive on the IDE channel. It was also on the ATA/33 channel previously, so I switched it to the the ATA/66 channel. All seems to be well now.

I’m not sure what your setup is now, but that is what is working for me now. Oh, I am also using Patchburn 3 so other iApps can use the drive - www.patchburn.de .

Hey div3rg3nt,

I’ve sent you a PM. Would you mind taking a look and getting back to me please me old mucker.

Hi,

I just bought the ND3500 & it seemed to be working ok, but if I didn’t eject immediately it had finished burning I got the same problem you have. It’s an internal IDE drive, so I swapped it around with the drive that came in the computer, ie, made the NEC drive csl & the combo drive slave. I don’t know if the position on the IDE lead makes any difference, but I swapped that as well. Now the NEC drive is my main drive & works perfectly, and the combo seems to work (& eject) fine too. The computer is a 1.25GHz G4 with 1GB RAM, running 10.3.5 (the last one they made which will boot in OS 9…).

Hope this is some help,

Franklyn