Mac Boot Camp Performance?

vbimport

My main rig is an AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+, rips and converts a full movie in less than an hour. My MacBook (Penryn 2.4Ghz), rips and encodes slower, probably due to the SuperDrive not being 20x (my desktop isn’t that fast, only 18x). My new rig… IF I BUILD IT… will be much faster, but I’m thinking of a new iMac, the 3.02Ghz anyone have any experiences on this machine via Boot Camp and some benchmarks? Also, how well does DVDFab utilize multiple cores? Cause I’ve also thought about a Mac Pro (8 cores).

DVDFab is super fast with dual cores! Plus you can burn 2 movies at one time. Way to much stress for the single cores to do this!

My current rig is dual-core, but the rig I want to build is Tom’s Hardware $500 gaming rig with an intel e2160 (1.8 stock) overclocked to 3.2.

[QUOTE=Hoodsey;2058853]My current rig is dual-core, but the rig I want to build is Tom’s Hardware $500 gaming rig with an intel e2160 (1.8 stock) overclocked to 3.2.[/QUOTE]

I think that rig will do more then enough! :iagree:

Sorry about asking this - but I just wanted to confirm that DVD Fab can work on bootcamp .