LXR-40243A and Cool Edit Pro

vbimport

This is my first post to this forum, so I apologize if this question has been asked before.

I have a Lite-On LXR-40243A external USB 2.0 CD-RW drive which works well with Nero, but doesn’t play nicely with Cool Edit Pro v2.1’s CD burning plug-in. When I tell Cool Edit to start burning the CD, an error occurs and the program shuts down. Can anyone lend some insight to this problem?

I tried to consult the software designer’s website (Syntrillium) but they sold the rights to Adobe, whose website doesn’t offer any help either.

The burning plug-in mentioned was a free beta evaluation version. By definition, beta programs are usually unsupported and offered to allow feedback of bug reports. You are more likely to have software compatibility problems with a USB 2.0 burner than the standard IDE version.

Since Syntrillium no long owns Cool Edit, the whole idea is rather academic at this point. You would be much better off to uninstall the beta burning plug-in and just use a proven performer like Nero.

If at some point Adobe revives the burning plug-in and you are still interested, you can revisit it later.

You can get a free upgrade to Adobe Audition at their site. This is Adobe’s version of Cool Edit Pro 2.1.