LVW 5116: Video Output stuck in Progresive mode

vbimport

Hi all, I’m a newbie to this site and have the following problem. I’ll appreciate all the help in resolving it and thank all for their contribution.

I recently purchased a LVW 5116 DVD recorder and during setup accidently selected progresive mode in the video output menu. Since that time I have not been able to get the video output to change although component is selected. I tried the >, 5,0,2,0, ENTER option but this still did not work. I tried the default reset and this did not work either.

Help!!!

Welcome to the CD Freaks forum :wink:

As the system menu is the first thing selected when you bring up the setup menu, you should be able to select regular component output with the following keystrokes. Before you start, remove any disc, put the DVD recorder into standby, turn it on and leave it for about 30 seconds to load up. This will ensure that you don’t end up trying this with a menu (or something else) already on the screen. These steps simply navigate to the ‘Video Output’ menu and chooses the standard component output.:

Press ‘Setup’, ‘Enter’, ‘Enter’, ‘Up’, ‘Enter’

With any luck, you should now have your picture back. If this does not help, try connecting the DVD recorder up to any TV using the composite output. I know that some Lite-On models still pass an interlaced signal over the composite output when the progressive option is chosen, so if is the case with your model, you should be able to view the picture using this means until you select the proper video output mode.

Hi Sean, Thank you for the response. I was able to reset the system by connecting the component output directly to a TV with that type of input. However, I currently do not have the unit connected directly to a TV but through another recording device for convenience of extended recording using the composite output.

I now have a different problem that you might be able to help with. Regardless of the video output selected and with the aspect ratio set to 4:3 pan, the video image appears as a letterbox image. This is so only for this recorder as with the same input on the other recorder, the image is normal 4:3 even when connected directly to the TV. However, for all the recorded images replay is normal at 4:3 and the problem is evident only while in the non recording mode. I hope I have not confused you with my description and have connected several systems before with component, progressive and letterbox modes and never had this problem as the units allowed for changes in the selection. What appears is a flash attempt to reset to full screen but immediately goes back to letterbox.