LVW-5025GHC - Replacement Sony DRU-190A issue

[qanda]This thread is about the Lite-On DVD Recorder. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]All,

I tried to replace the dvd writer in my recorder with a Sony DRU-190A. Ensure that the latest firmware from Sony is on the writer and set the region to 2 via my computer.

Replacement drive does not seem to like my Maxell DVD+R disks that I have. Main issue is that it stops at 29% when trying to finalize the disk.

No problems when I put dvd writer which shipped with the dvd recorder back in. Over 250 dvd’s have been burned with the original writer which now only seems to like Maxell DVD+R disks.

Any ideas what could be wrong?

Thanks,
Ken

Did you set the DRU-190A as master before installing in the recorder? Do you have the same problem with other DVD media?

Yes, the DRU-190A was set as master.

Right now, I don’t have any other media than the Maxell DVD+R’s (have over 100 blank).

What brand and type (DVD+R or DVD-R) would you suggest to try for when I try installing the DRU-190A into the dvd recorder again?

Thanks,
Ken

I like Verbatim DVD+R for my 5005, but you might try other media from the recommended list for your recorder.