Lvw-5025ghc+ Problem - PLEASE HELP!

Hi all,

Newbie here! please go easy!

I’ve had the lvw-5025ghc+ for about a year and its been working fine until about a month ago. Since then it now takes ages to load and alot of the time it doesnt load at all and show a question mark in the corner.

The DVDs i’m trying are brand new original dvds…

Can anyone kindly tell me what im doing wrong of if the players had it day and i need to get a new one.

Thanks in advance for the help!!

You probably have the quite common problem of DVD burner failure. You might consider replacing the burner with 1 from the list at http://club.cdfreaks.com/f102/replacement-drives-liteon-5xxx-recorders-207698/. There’re 2 links to the LiteOn SHM-165H6S in post #261 of that thread.

It doesnt always mean DVD burner failure it can be a dirty lens, try a cd/dvd cleaner, and if that doesn’t work before you do a replacement disassemble the drive and clean the lens with cloth sometimes works.

I clean mine with eye glass cleaner that I get from Walmart Optical. You can get a bottle free when you buy your glasses from them and they will fill it for free when you need it. At least our Walmart does.

Thanks for your help! I don’t think it’s to do with dirty dvds as I’m forever cleaning them. So do you think it’s definatly to do with burner failure?

[QUOTE=capesurfline;2196704]Thanks for your help! I don’t think it’s to do with dirty dvds as I’m forever cleaning them. So do you think it’s definatly to do with burner failure?[/QUOTE]

Not dirty dvds dirty dvd writer reader lens, dust / dirt builds up over time, i dont mean cleaning dvds i mean using a dvd cleaner its a cd with brushes on it to clean the actual lens of the unit.

Yes. clean the lens.

oops thanks for you help. I’ll give that a try!

Thank you