LVW-5006 Closed Caption

Hey guys I need some feed back on a problem. I bought a LVW-5006 dvdr and found that it doesn’t pass closed caption for some reason. I don’t see any thing in the setup to turn it on.(I am hearing impaired and really need the closed caption) The Lowly Ilo and the Pioneer 231S both have it. It won’t pass on progressive scan because PS stripes out the decoding(nature of the beast) but should work on S-Video and A/V out. If you have a dvdr that passes closed caption regardless of brand please post me a message and let me know the brand and model.

thanks

Hey guys I need some feed back on a problem. I bought a LVW-5006 dvdr and found that it doesn’t pass closed caption for some reason. I don’t see any thing in the setup to turn it on.(I am hearing impaired and really need the closed caption) The Lowly Ilo and the Pioneer 231S both have it. It won’t pass on progressive scan because PS stripes out the decoding(nature of the beast) but should work on S-Video and A/V out. If you have a dvdr that passes closed caption regardless of brand please post me a message and let me know the brand and model.

Thankx

The last thing I heard about this was that the LiteOn recorders have been known to RECORD the closed captions, but for some reason not reproduce them.

In other words, play the disc on a different DVD player, and the captions should be there.

Play it on the LiteOn, they won’t be. sigh

Take a look here-

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=123910&highlight=closed+captioned

Dominator2 - the latest update for the 5005 (1101 with 0101 fw provided CC) the 1101 update is available for the 5006 with some serial numbers I have. The Ilo Hacker program does not work on disabling MV yet. One user reported it provided garbled characters though. I dunno if it was the fw or the typist :-).

Dominator2 - please read the forum rules - crossposting is not allowed.

With my 5005, most captions are fine, the garbled characters only appear when recording from NBC, which doesn’t have a very good signal where I live.

I updated my 5006 recorder to the lastest firmware on Lite-on’s site and now it shows up on the recorder screen and works during playback of the disk. Whats with their website. I really had a hard time trying to decipher what they wanted me to do with the file. It appeared that the file had to be written with Nero as an image file, but Nero wouldn’t recognise it. I finally figured it out that all I had to do was copy the file to a cd and stick it in the recorder while it was in DVD mode and it worked perfect.

Anybody have any problems playing recorded disks in a stand alone dvd player. I have a RCA Senium that plays the disks fine until you try to fast forward above 3X then it rapidly skips time. It seems to be the worst with the 5006 recorder for some reason. Could it be due to the compression their using while writing to the DVD?? Anybody run into this. My 5006 is in the bedroom hooked to my direct tv,that is why I don’t replay them on it