Lucasarts Entertaiment Pack <= Help wanted

Howdy,

Have got the lucasarts entertainment pack for some time now (consists of The Dig, Grim Fandango, Full Throttle & Sam n Max). Since these games are my all time favorite, I want to make a backup, so I can keep the original without them getting damaged.

No luck so far, ProtectionID states that the games are protected by the Armadillo copy protection (dunno what versio). I’ve searched this forum, but I can’t find a post anywhere on how to defeat this protection.

Does anyone have any experience with how to bypass this protection?

Thanks,

MonkeyP00.

What are you trying to ask us?
Armadillo is an executable encryption protection, and not a copy-protection system. Two options:
1.- I’m thinking you are trying to crack that executable, and not to copy the full game “as is”.
2.- You don’t know what are you speaking about.

Prefer to decline to second option, but can be missed anyway on both.
Please correct me or be more accurate.

Thanks!

Good luck!

Originally posted by Morglum007
[B]What are you trying to ask us?
Armadillo is an executable encryption protection, and not a copy-protection system. Two options:
1.- I’m thinking you are trying to crack that executable, and not to copy the full game “as is”.
2.- You don’t know what are you speaking about.

Prefer to decline to second option, but can be missed anyway on both.
Please correct me or be more accurate.

Thanks!

Good luck! [/B]

You are right, I didn’t explain it correct. I don’t want to crack the exe if it’s not neccesary. If it’s possible I want to copy the full game “as is”. However, I need help with both. Hope this clears things up!

get ClonyXXl to determine exactly what protection you have…

Originally posted by Jamos
get ClonyXXl to determine exactly what protection you have…

ClonyXXL states that there is no protection. ClonyXXl however does not detect Armadillo (according to the info supplied by ClonyXXL). I used ProtectionID, it gave me the Armadillo protection.

have you tried using alchoholor?
it sets the settings for you and you can choose the protection then launch either alc120, bw4, or clonecd from it with those settings.

Yes I did try Alcoholer, but what option should I use? I don’t see armadillo anywhere. Should I select Non/Unknown Copy Protection?

not sure id first use a cdrw so you dont create coasters…then i would try securerom 4.8x settings…then if that doesnt work id try safedisk2 settings…

Hi again, you need to clarify some things:

First, Lucasarts packs are not protected for general CD copying, so with most programs you will succeed.
Secondly, armadillo have nothing to do about copy-protection. It only “prevent” SOME people to crack such executable.
This is a way to protect that file against crackers, and not for copying.
You could back-up perfectly without problems.

Thanks Morglum007, I should succeed now. Don’t want to crack the game, just want to copy it :slight_smile:

Thanks!