LTR52246S-6S0F Safedisc 2.8 - almost

vbimport

Tried to Back up Medal of Honor - Spearhead (SD2.8) using the following profile:
[CloneCD ReadPrefs]
ReadSubData=0
RegenerateData=0
ReadSubAudio=0
AbortOnReadError=0
FastErrorSkip=1
ReadSpeedData=0
ReadSpeedAudio=0
IntelligentBadSectorScan=0
SectorSkip=100
NoErrorReport=0
FirstSessionOnly=0
AudioQuality=0
[CloneCD WritePrefs]
DontRepairSubchannelData=0
AlwaysCloseLastSession=1
AmplifyWeak=0
WriteSpeed=8

Game crashes on start up from burned cd. Slowed the write speed to 8X from max with same result. Mounted the image file produced by CloneCD 4.202 to the CCD virtual drive. From the virtual drive, the game plays just fine. Seems like the read went well, but there is a problem with the writing. I read all the relavant posts I could find, but did not encounter a similar issue. Any idears??

Which drive did you put the burned CD into (ATIP check might be the problem)? Have you read this thread http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?threadid=50778

Pirate, thanks for the link - I had missed that thread.

Btw, I was using my DVD drive, not CD-R drive.

Anyway, after reading the thread you pointed me to, it seems that CCD is spotty when it comes to SD 28. I used the latest Alcohol to burn the Spearhead CCD image file to CD-R. At max speed setting with smart burn enabled on Imation CD-R it reached 48.5X and took about 2 1/2 minutes. The CD-R copy plays just fine in my DVD drive. Not sure why I was unable to burn the same image using CCD 4202.

my advice: forget clonecd and get alcohol 120%. Does the job much better and best of all every safedisc version can be copied with alcohol :smiley:

btw: don’t crosspost (the one in the liteon-forum) , cause the moderators don’t like that…

mzzl

Thnx for the heads-up. Was not sure which forum was more suitable. Nest time I will just pick one.