Ltr48125w Dying?

vbimport

my burner now is dying i think only to make sure i need your guys to help me:)
my burner now can only burn oion 12x instead of 48X!!!
is it dying? cause DMA ,PIO all in enabled and the nero program is 5.5.10.9…is the nero problem? the buffer is not stable when you try to burn more than 12 x and the speed can’t reach the speed i selected eg i selected 40x it only burn 12x-16x…

it my burner dying?

Originally posted by Shock

cause DMA ,PIO all in enabled

it my burner dying?
How can you be sure about that ? Uninstall the IDE channel your drive is on and let the PC reboot.

So, hopefully it will survive. :wink:

i did that…i think you should know that i even tried it at my fren’s place…so…any more suggestion? your help will be my happyness

…any more suggestion? your help will be my happiness

1. HD defragmentation

2. FW updating

3. Nero updating

Mmmm,

I had the same problem not 2 days ago. Totally freaked me out. Somehow, in my BIOS, the drive I have my disc images stored on got set to PIO mode instead of UATA133/UDMA Mode 5.

Its not just WinXP Pro you need to worry about, it can be at the BIOS level also.

Go and redetect your drives in your BIOS also.

Hope it helps.:wink:

If the read buffer is fluctuating, it’s not the burner, even if it’s the drive buffer that’s fluctuating, it’s probably not the burner.

but even my fren’s com the same thing…i teird on his both com? he has 2 coms…it ok when his burner burning…but mine…AIIIIIII the buffer not stable

…but mine…AIIIIIII the buffer not stable
It’s [COLOR=purple]time to get rid of it then.[/COLOR]

sorry mates, that this maybe sounds stupid. i see you thought about everything, but nobody spoke about a firmware update or trying different cds?? maybe the combo of the drive, nero and the blank cds don’t work??
if not, forgive me
cheers

chrisi :smiley:

chisi…i am a updated person :slight_smile: nero and firmware iis updated:) and i got tons or different cds:) so i think…thime to get a new 1?

Originally posted by chrisi

sorry mates…i see you thought about everything,
but nobody spoke about a firmware update or trying different cds??
chrisi
@chrisi,

Thanks for taking care of your mates, I can assure you that we’re safe and sound.

As for your queries on our thoughts, here are the answers :

Originally posted by slayerking

maybe you have poor quality media.
is dma selected for your writer?
I dont think your burner is dying. update nero and try different media

Originally posted by BoSkin

1. FW updating

@Shock,

As an updated person you should listen to your inner voice and meet the status ! :smiley: