LTR-52327S - Not reading

vbimport

LTR-52327S

I just took this out of the box… Burned a CD @ 48x.

But i noticed after wards that it couldn’t read/see the disc it just burned. And i put in several other disc… and still no read. The disc it burned has data and burned well. any suggestions?

Nov 2003 Manufactured date.

i got it… wrong jumper setting. thanks…

BUT…!!! anyone know how to make it not read 52x… i dont’ want any discs exploding on me.

I’d like to know that too!
I found a disc in my collection a friend did me, was peelingEEK so I copied it off to throw it away… but all the time I was praying it wouldn’t explode!
My other normal drive Samsung SC-152L reads at 52x also so it’s not even as if I can read slower with that one.:confused:

Use Nero DriveSpeed. Works perfect!

/Dyzan

I advise against Nero DriveSpeed. It’s a relic that was designed for a completely different purpose.

As to the “exploding disc” myth, that’s just what it is - a myth. Discs explode at 32x with the same frequency that they do at 52x.

An old and trusted tool is CD-Bremse

Originally posted by rdgrimes

As to the “exploding disc” myth, that’s just what it is - a myth. Discs explode at 32x with the same frequency that they do at 52x.

That’s good enough for me… :slight_smile: Although, I guess, don’t use any CDs in there that you treasure? :wink: In case.:stuck_out_tongue: :o

Originally posted by SkullyRox
That’s good enough for me… :slight_smile: Although, I guess, don’t use any CDs in there that you treasure? :wink: In case.:stuck_out_tongue: :o

As many people as hang around in here, I can’t remember the last report of a broken disc. Generally, only the really cheap discs or cracked discs will do it. Just make a habbit of looking at your discs before you put them in, and try not to sit on them too much.

thanks~! yea i’m new to the 52X world… its amazing… full cd in 2 minutes… GOSH… i’m so used to my 8x… and before that my 2x…

Originally posted by xav3x
thanks~! yea i’m new to the 52X world… its amazing… full cd in 2 minutes… GOSH… i’m so used to my 8x… and before that my 2x…
I haven’t managed to get 2 minutes yet! Usually takes about 4 minutes. Bleh! :wink:

Originally posted by rdgrimes
As many people as hang around in here, I can’t remember the last report of a broken disc. Generally, only the really cheap discs or cracked discs will do it.
Yep, that’s true. :slight_smile:
Just make a habbit of looking at your discs before you put them in, and try not to sit on them too much.
LOL! Can’t remember the last time I sat on a disc, if ever. That alone would make the CD explode! LOL!:bigsmile: