LTR-52327S burning tests

I was wondering, is the Liteon 52246S using the same or newest chipset as the Liteon 52327S? Your test results for the Liteon 52327S don’t look very promising and so I’m thinking of getting the Liteon 52246S instead. However if the chipset for the Liteon 52246S is older, I think I’ll just wait for you to get your replacement to come to conclusion first.

52246S using the same or newest chipset as the Liteon 52327S?

All LiteOn drives have the chipset version designated by the last number in the model. 3,4,5,6, and 7 are all progressively newer chipsets. We know very little about the 7 series chipset and what it can do, but it has some deffinite advantages over the 6. The 6 series drives are very high-quality burners, some of the lowest error rates ever seen. You would likely never regret buying one. On the other hand, the 7 may well provide more advantages than just the 32x RW speed and P-CAV RW writing. I noticed that it’s much faster to recognise and spin up a disc than any other drive I’ve used. This is a deffinite plus to me, hopefully that will not be lost with future firmware updates. If you want a drive NOW, get a 52246S.

Originally posted by rdgrimes

All LiteOn drives have the chipset version designated by the last number in the model. 3,4,5,6, and 7 are all progressively newer chipsets. We know very little about the 7 series chipset and what it can do, but it has some deffinite advantages over the 6. The 6 series drives are very high-quality burners, some of the lowest error rates ever seen. You would likely never regret buying one. On the other hand, the 7 may well provide more advantages than just the 32x RW speed and P-CAV RW writing. I noticed that it’s much faster to recognise and spin up a disc than any other drive I’ve used. This is a deffinite plus to me, hopefully that will not be lost with future firmware updates. If you want a drive NOW, get a 52246S.

Well I have a Liteon 24102B drive right now and I don’t think I’m in a big hurry. I’m just going after a new drive because a lot of people told me that they can’t copy a sd 2.9x disc with my LTR-24102B. I want to get a drive that can not only copy sd 2.9 but also the upcoming sd 3.0 as well.

Im sorry, but that drive must be horribly defective. The error rate on the C1 is outrageous. I think your lowest was something around 2000 C1 errors.

My Lite-On 40x12x48x overclocked using the 48x12x48x firmware can backup a warcraft cd (i know its easy to copy, but the point is in the c1) with only 10 or less c1 errors and no c2 errors. Also, I am using TY 48x media.

just because the older generation of drives has been working very well doesn’t necessarily mean the new 7 series MUST perform as well, if not better. hopefully rd’s drive really was defective.

Has CD Freaks recieved a review drive yet? If so maybe someone could run the tests on that.

Originally posted by Chriso
Any chance of this thing being a 3 sheep burner?

From the link posted later in this thread about what you are referring to with a sheep rated burner.

From that website, I only see a maximum of a 2 sheep rating that any drive can have. Or am I missing something?

Yes you missed alexnoe

Some nasty results you got there…
I’m very much praying for your own benefit that the problems originated from either defective unit or FW problems.

Though me and my LTR52246S are currently in a rather merry relationship i would actually like to get my hands on the new 52327S.

Chriso - Nope we have not yet received a review sample.
:eek:

I’ll have my retail 52327S in a couple of days.

Hmmm… look like very bad results to me.

I DO know that the 48246K drive is cr*p quality wise compared to my 48246S @ 52x. I did not have time to thouroughly test the drive, but a quick burn of a few cd’s resulted in pretty bad burning quality compared to my 6S drive.

i only hope liteon fixes this by a firmware update, but somehow i am afraid this aint gonna happen. (they sure should by now have released a usable firmware for the 6K drive)

IF the 7S drives are quality wise the same as the 6K drives, i recommend to stay away from those and get a 6S based drive instead ! (for as long as they are available)