LTR-52246S vs. LTR-52327S

Besides the higher CDRW speed on the LTR 52327s, is there any difference between the two drives? Any reason to choose one over the other if you won’t be using the CDRW feature?
TIA

Yes, the 7S is faster on a wide range of media, and with current firmware it makes better burns at high speed. RW quality is slightly better on the 6S.
The 6S is more or less a discontinued drive

I just picked up the 52x32x52 today, I’m looking forward to using it when I get it installed. I notice of course the fastest media seems to be 48x for CDR, and 12x for CDRW.

Originally posted by [BLiT45]
I just picked up the 52x32x52 today, I’m looking forward to using it when I get it installed. I notice of course the fastest media seems to be 48x for CDR, and 12x for CDRW.

Quality 52x CD-R and 16-24x CD-R/W media should be freely available at a dealer near you, as we speak. I take it that because you have internet access that you are probably not living in a third world country. :slight_smile:

i’ve actually seen few (if any) cdrs rated as 52x on the label, although pretty much all modern cdrs can be burned that fast (whether or not they should be burned that fast is another matter).

I’ve never actually seen 52x CD-R media, but there’s plenty of 48x media that works very well at 52x.

24x CD-RW media is becoming common, too. Verbatim was supposed to release 32x CD-RW media last month, but I guess it was delayed.

I have a tub of Verbatim DataLifePlus, order #94523,
speed rated 1-52x, printed on the label. Simply Superb with 52327S

I also have a small tub of “Laser” “double gold”, also rated at 52x, that I can’t reliably burn at anything faster than 24x

I agree, most of the time I burn at a conservative speed anyway.

I have a tub of Verbatim DataLifePlus, order #94523

I can confirm that the 7S just loves Azo.