LTR-52246S & Nero...MAX BURN @ 32x now!?!?!?!

vbimport

I had a bad experience with upgrading software and firmware a while ago, so i try not to do it if everything works fine at the moment. If it aint broke, dont fix it.

So, I came back to this site for the first time in a long while last night, and saw that the LTR-52246S had several firmware revisions since my old one (6s0a). So since the 6s0f has been out for a while, i figured it was safe to upgrade, plus it said it had better overburning compatability, and it wasnt jsut a ‘match more media’ update.

So this morning and burned soemthing for my friend. I opened nero, and clicked burn, and the max speed from the drop down bar was 32x!

This really bothers me. Also, since that problem i had in the past, i dont update my burning software too much, so i still have a semi-old version, 5.5.10.35

that COULD be the culprit, but i doubt it. also, cdrwin still reports my max speed as 52x, which leads me to believe that it could be nero.

PLLLLLLLEASE help! any suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated!

thanks,

I’ve heard that 6S0F limits the speed on a few medias. My TY media always burns at 52x though…

but i didnt have a cd in when it posted those speeds. as far as i know, the only prog that wont let you choose how fast to burn BEFORE you put in media, is discjuggler.

any other ideas?

but i didnt have a cd in when it posted those speeds

you have to have media in the drive for it to post burn speeds, regardless of the software. The drive sets the speed, not the software. some programs will “remember” the settings from the last media that was burned, but that’s not relevand information.

i get what you’re saying, but with nero itll let you progress ALL the way thru the burning process and if u press burn without a cd in the drive, itll prompt u to put one in.

plus this works even if its the first time on a fresh format (i did it a week ago).

so um…

any more suggestions.?

thanks for the others too

I repeat, unless you have media in the drive, you are not getting relevant information about available burn speeds.

ok, well, be that as it may, it DEFINATELY took like 5 minutes instead of 2 and a 1/2 to burn a complete cd.

thanks,

Jorwex, I have the same problem as you! I just flashed my LTR-52246S with the 6s0f firmware and now in Nero, my max burn speed is 32X. I popped the CD in and went all the way, the software only display up to 32X.

I know it’s not the media because before the firmware, Nero detected my CDRW drive and CD-R as being capable of 52X.

I guess they messed up with this firmware.

i gave up…

i just reflashed my drive with the 6s0a firmware.

like i said, if it aint broke, dont fix it. :stuck_out_tongue:

I found this which is part of liteonit’s faq, and on the liteon site. It sounds right. Try it.
Why can’t the CD-RW drive reach its maximum speed during burning process, or the burning speed is incorrect after flashed firmware?
A31 Under some circumstances during firmware or software upgrading, the PC operating system will reset the CD-RW drive as a new device for the PC, which also brings the CD-RW drive back to its minimum configuration. All you need to do to solve this problem is to re-detect the CD-RW drive’s maximum speed by following the below steps:
The disc may not support such speed burning. There is a program called SMARTBURN, which you can download from LITE-ON IT’s official website (www.liteonit.com), under “Download” -> “Utility” -> “SMARTBURN.ZIP”. This SMARTBURN program will help you find out all the related information of the disc, such as the disc’s maximum acceptable burning speed.
Start NERO, go to “File” -> “Preferences” -> select “Cache” -> click on “Test all drive speed”, then you should be able to re-gain the maximum burning speed for the CD-RW drive.
Start NERO, place a blank disc into the CD-RW drive (make sure it is a certified maximum acceptable CD-R disc, e.g.: use certified 40X disc if you have a LTR-40125 model), select the burning speed under “CD Copy” function. There, you should be able to see the maximum available speed.
If the above solution still does not help solving the problem, it is recommended that you uninstall NERO utility, then remove the entire AHEAD directory from your hard-drive before reinstall the NERO utility.

:smiley: :cool: