LTR-52246S Firmware now available

http://www.cdrlabs.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=7205&sid=20479566ced35ad2828f6966af8a1e5d

Ian @ www.cdrlabs.com extracted the firmware from his new Lite On drive and has made it available to all.

The download link is in his thread.

This is authentic and not the hex edited Memorex version(s) that are floating around.

Flash away!

I’m curious to see how your 40x & 48x drives handle the 52x firmware.

I’m a littel behind on the new drives, are you saying this firmware is different from THESE ?

Yes, I did see those, and the firmware contest.

I’ve also read that the firmware floating around to date is a hex edited copy from the Memorex drive. 6s01 & 6s02 seem to be Memorex firmware altered to look like Lite On.

I imagine it’s still pretty close to the original anyway.

See this post where SteveM admits he edited the firmware (that was posted @ www.cdrlabs.com) and passed it around here at www.cdfreaks.com as being Lite On. To give him credit he deserves: He also says he addressed it here in the Lite On forum.

http://www.cdrlabs.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=6818&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=25&sid=20479566ced35ad2828f6966af8a1e5d

Here’s a quote:
“BTW both of the 6S01/6S02 FW @ the above site were modded by me from the Memorex FW released from this site a number of weeks ago (thanks guys). After passing copies to some people @ cdfreaks, they’ve appeared on this guy’s site, complete with the OEM Memorex tags that I left from the conversion. Both files are identical except revision numbers. It’s trivial to change the text strings…”

Either way, his technical skill is WAY beyond mine.

I can’t hex edit anything. I’m lucky if I can open a 24 case of beer one handed.

Hopefully this will be rectified, as the 52/24x drives are now plentifull and the firmware is also available. I’m assuming that Litefirm works on the new firmwares to extract .bin files.

I flashed my 48126S with the hex modified one. Works at 52X with Fuji’s.

Interestingly, Lite On included 2 CDR’s with the drive. They went as high as 12X… Hmmmmm. But they were labled 4X… Why would they do that?

…and passed it around here at www.cdfreaks.com as being Lite On…

Incorrect. It was clearly documented & sent as modified OEM Memorex 6WS2 FW. The only gain was aesthetically pleasing Liteon strings & FW revision enumeration. Others did the fobbing off as “Genuine Liteon 6S02”… I gave plenty of “hints” in their threads…:wink:

Originally posted by stevem

Incorrect. It was clearly documented & sent as modified OEM Memorex 6WS2 FW. The only gain was aesthetically pleasing Liteon strings & FW revision enumeration. Others did the fobbing off as “Genuine Liteon 6S02”… I gave plenty of “hints” in their threads…:wink:

Yup…I agreed with you as it was clearly documented and sent.

Yup…I agreed with you as it was clearly documented and sent.

???
Esp as you originated the said thread…

Aside:
The differences between the official & modded FW may be of interest to some. The assumption that 6WS2=6S02(official) was correct, & apart from the OEM tags, there are two minor diffs which may be useful to know about.

OK… 6S02 is now updated with the “real” version.

6S01 are still memorex i guess…

happy burning! :slight_smile:

/Dyzan

http://liteon.notrix.net