LTR-52246S Burn below 4x?

vbimport

Is there a way to get my LTR-52246S to burn below 4x (at 2x or 1x)?

No, too bad, the drives don’t support burning CDR on speeds lower than 4x.

Maybe they can burn CDRW at lower speeds (CDRWs have strict speed limitations). As I don’t have any 2x CDRWs left I can’t test it for you…

Lowspeed cd-rws can be written at 2x.

However, there is no reason to burn slower than 4x, especially not with LiteOns. There is actually not even a reason to burn slower than 24x.

If your discs don’t work at 4x, then burn faster. Recent LiteOns have poor write quality at 4x

Recent LiteOns have poor write quality at 4x

I think that has more to do with media than the drive, but maybe both. Just plain silly to be burning that slow anyway.

If you are recording from a live source eg Microphone. Your cdrw must support 1x write speed :wink:

Indeed…

Originally posted by RaWShadow
If you are recording from a live source eg Microphone. Your cdrw must support 1x write speed :wink:

Better to record a .WAV then burn.

Man, get a portable MD recorder if you wanna do live recording. Sharp DR7 and Sony MZ-10 are excellent choices. You do however need a MD deck w/ optical out though.

another reason to burn at 1x is if you have a really slow crappy computer. My first burner went with my really old laptop. It couldn’t burn faster than 1x without getting buffer underuns (no the burner didn’t have burnproof). Plus if you making an audio cd, you have to convert to mp3 first, because otherwise burning cd to cd or wav to cd would produce skips, ohthose were the days.:stuck_out_tongue: