I bought these new Verbatim Ultra Speed 16-24x (mistibishi chemical made in taiwan) CD-RW’s a couple weeks ago and they burn with some unreadable data @ 16x or 24x (good at 10x), tried the latest firmware 6S07 today and this not fix, I have a 5 pack of this media and NONE of them work at 24x, what I have tried so far is burning backup data (lots of folders/files = 450 MB) with DirectCD, InCD, and “also” as regular DAO96 mode 2 closed data CD in Nero, heres my guess to what might be the cause:
- The Burner do not support this media yet (even with new firmware today?).
- Media is not labled correctly (they say its 24 but its probably 10x compat)
- There is no 3 cause ive tried all these:
- Fresh Install of XP
- Latest Nero
- Putting CDRW drive as slave or master on its own IDE cable.
- Enabling/disabling DMA in both XP & bios
- Tried older firmware: 6S01,6S02
- Defragging the Source data before burning.
Unfortunatly there is not much of a selection for this 24x CD-RW media yet so im stuck with nothing else to test, whats your thoughts on this?