LTR-48126S - Speed Drop Off ? (As Normal Or MAXX52)

Here’s some Benchmark picccies … i’ve done both Overclocked & Not Overclocked … but as you can see … it just drops power and start’s back at the spin-up speed when it’s ment to be continuing on faster … is this a Faulty drive or??

Here’s the pics!

And Overclocked …

Can someone tell me what the problem could be… as my mate’s got a 40x Liteon Mediatek 5 … which he’s OC’d to 48x and it’s faster than my 48x Stock!!!

I have just this problem on my 40 @ 48X so you are not alone…

Some pepole say it’s all media relaited and som say the drive did not like the overclock…

Mine works fine with my orginal firmware and have this “dip” when overclocked…

Does yours run all simulations fine to and just have this dip in true burning mode?

I still beleve that this is smartburn taking the speed down, but there is no way to test it since you cant turn it off…

There are options for it in Nero and CDmate…but it does not work

It looks like ‘SmartBurn’; a feature in Liteon drives finds something wrong while writing on that media and jumps down to a lower speed. I only seen that happen once on my Liteon 40125S (overclocked 32123S).

You could try switching off ‘SmartBurn’, write a CD and if it keeps up the speed, do a Nero CD Surface Scan on it to verify it has no errors. If the drive still slows down during writing with ‘SmartBurn’ off, then I don’t know what the problem is, e.g. could be a fault. If it keeps speeding up after Smartburn is disabled, then ‘SmartBurn’ sees something not right with the recording surface and slows down the speed to prevent the possiblity of a coaster.

To clarify:
When you turn off SmartBurn in Nero or CDMate, you are only disabling the initial speed limitation imposed by the firmware’s database of media. You cannot turn off the other functions of SmartBurn, like the monitoring of the burn and the slowing of the burn speed when “overburning” occurs.

So the problem that I and SiriX are having is to find media compatible @ 48X

I did only try TDK 48X rated and it did not burn at 40 or 48X

Here is a question about smart burn…

Why is there some people that get yellow dots doing a CDspeed scan and people like me that never get any yellow just green…

Does that mean that smart burn do not work on all drives ?

CDSpeed claims to be measuring C2 read errors. This has more to do with the media than the burn process. burning at higher speed than the media can handle can cause these type of read errors. SmartBurn has little to do with this, other than it will limit burn speed. Most media is over-rated by SmartBurn, meaning that it allows you to burn too fast for the media. If you keep to the media’s rated speed, you will do better.

Im using “Digital Storage Technology” CD-R’s they’re only 40x Rated so that might be the problem? and Smart-BURN is OFF … (i did that before i did the benchmark) also … for the record … it does the same thing when reading too … it’s not just writing … so yeah does anyone think it’s a faulty drive or?

I would try some known good media, like TY(Fuji), and if the problem persists, return the drive.