LTR-48126S and LTR-52246S, same HW?

Is the LTR-48126S and LTR-52246S based on exactly the same HW?
The 48126 is about $15 cheaper, so that would be nice to know.
I’m about to buy a new LiteOn now because they’re cheap, but I will not throw away my ASUS 1610A which has served me for a year without any hazzle.
The ASUS 1610A is the most reliable AUDIO-CD recorder I’ve tested. Even the cheapest media burned with 16x can be read by my friends old stand-alone DVD player which accepts virtually no CDRs from any other burners, and we have tested many combinations.
Is CLV simply better than CAV/P-CAV for audio?
What is the highest CLV- speed for the 52246S?

They are pretty much the same hardware. We’re starting to get a lot of repeated questions…

My question is if the HW is exactly the same.
If it’s only “pretty much the same”, what’s the small difference(s).
And if the question is already answered, could you please point me to that answer?

HNY
TheLoco

Originally posted by dhc014
They are pretty much the same hardware. We’re starting to get a lot of repeated questions…

what about pick-up head? for 12x and 24x rewrites used same types?

It’s the same. At least that’s what we say, if you want to be sure then go ahead and open your drive(s) to find out… :slight_smile:

Originally posted by Airhead
It’s the same. At least that’s what we say, if you want to be sure then go ahead and open your drive(s) to find out… :slight_smile:

I was hoping someoene already had done that.

Originally posted by abgm

what about pick-up head? for 12x and 24x rewrites used same types?

As far as anyone knows, all drives based on Lite-ON LTR-****6S drives have the same hardware. I only own one drive so I can’t compare. It’s not really worth comparing anyways since it works…

Thanks to all!
Happy New Year!

Originally posted by dhc014
[B]

As far as anyone knows, all drives based on Lite-ON LTR-****6S drives have the same hardware. I only own one drive so I can’t compare. It’s not really worth comparing anyways since it works… [/B]

I’ve got 2 but they’re both 48246s (sold as a Buslink 48x12x48) and still under warranty…

(I’m sure the hardware is the same anyway, since they were bought from the same lot)

Hm,

I heared that the 52x firmware can write at offset=0 for exactly 1:1 copies.So if the 48x FW cant do what,people buy an 48x burner cause its even cheaper and flash the 52x FW.So far so good…BUT what is if the burner got killed and the 52x FW is in the flash of an 48x…i think no warrenty at all.So, if you want a good burner with warrenty(i want, cause its a new!)pay 15€/$ more and on you are on the save side :wink:

Greetz

Freezer

Flash it back to your backed up firmware if you want to claim a warranty.

mmh, but what happens if the burner doesnt go on, that i cant flash???

Use MTKflash to flash an LTR 48246s up to LTR 52246s.

If you have more questions, read the sticky thread(s) at the top of this forum on how to use the software.