LTR-48125W to LTR-52246S

Im trying to find out if I can flash my LTR-48125W to a LTR-52246S… I have a strong feeling I cant do this only because of the different interface (ATAPI and SCSI)… Is there anything that I can flash my LTR-48125W into that would make it better in any way? Or should I just stick with the firmware I have now?

Originally posted by Hypnosis4U2NV

Is there anything that I can flash my LTR-48125W into that would make it better in any way? Or should I just stick with the firmware I have now?

No, unfortunately at the moment there’s nothing to please you with. :frowning:
The issue was covered in the earlier threads a while ago and I myself tested it with no luck as a result

I have a strong feeling I cant do this only because of the different interface (ATAPI and SCSI)…
What different interface :confused:

Originally posted by Hypnosis4U2NV
Im trying to find out if I can flash my LTR-48125W to a LTR-52246S… I have a strong feeling I cant do this only because of the different interface (ATAPI and SCSI)… Is there anything that I can flash my LTR-48125W into that would make it better in any way? Or should I just stick with the firmware I have now?

Do you think the W means ATAPI and the S SCSI? They are both ATAPI devices. The significant difference between them is the series 5 and 6 chipsets.

Thanks for your responses guys… I did try looking for it in the previous threads to no avail… I really didnt want to post a new thread that was already discussed…

As a had no clue as top the difference of the other drives I thought W was ATAPI and S was SCSI…

When I posted the thread, I was recalling a thread which talked about flashing a 40x Lite-ON into a 48x successfully… Since I seen newspostings about the newest 52x Lite-On I thought I do a little research on it…

Unfortunately I didnt find any articles about it being a Mediatek chipset as I found out today…

So my apologies for posting this thread and looking like a complete idiot :rolleyes: !

Thanks for your responses anyways…

I don’t think you look like a …well, that word as you yourself said :bigsmile:

It’s just so that your question belongs to FAQ,
I mean it’s being asked and answered rather frequently.
So, just stay :cool: !

S mean use epprom chip of STMicroelectronics and W is Winbond epprom

Originally posted by Mgz
S mean use epprom chip of STMicroelectronics and W is Winbond epprom

Excellent