LTR-48125w driver problem in Feurio

I have a lite-on 48x cd writer. I want to burn some songs using Feurio 1.65. The cd writer is being recognized but any driver I choose in the list shown by Feurio, I get a warning “Not the correct driver” . Where will I get the correct driver?

Also I use Win XP and Aspi 4.6.

use Nero ASPI driver,bro :slight_smile:

ftp://ftp6.nero.com/wnaspi32.dll (version 2.0.1.45). ) and copy to %windir%\System32

Adaptec ASPI is crap :Z :Z

That drive is not officially supported as you can see in the web:
http://www.feurio.com/English/cd_writer.shtml

It probably says that it’s not the correct driver because Feurio still doesn’t know that model.
Anyway you can try the “Generic MMC” driver until it’s supported, and it should work quite well, maybe.

Also, maybe you can flash the firmware to get a Lite-On LTR-48125W, that it’s supported. (I don’t know about LiteOn’s firmwares so maybe I’m wrong or it’s not a good idea to flash a good drive).

Originally posted by Mgz
B…use Nero ASPI driver,bro :slight_smile:

(2)…Adaptec ASPI is crap :Z :Z [/B]
I fully agree, with (1) but (2) it’s not crap if you have an Adaptec SCSI card, hehe

The Lite-on LTR 48125W is supported by the Feurio 1.65.5 and 1.65.6 Beta Updates.

In order to install the beta updates, you must have a registered copy of Feurio.

Originally posted by Inertia
[B]The Lite-on LTR 48125W is supported by the Feurio 1.65.5 and 1.65.6 Beta Updates.

True.
Sorry, I was thinking in the “S” model.

Does Feurio work with Nero ASPI?
Feurio is made to work with Adaptec ASPI layer, and it has no problem with ASPI 4.60. It doesn’t recognize ASPI 4.70 in my computer (Symbios Logic 810 SCSI controller).

Originally posted by minix
[B]
Does Feurio work with Nero ASPI?
Feurio is made to work with Adaptec ASPI layer, and it has no problem with ASPI 4.60. It doesn’t recognize ASPI 4.70 in my computer (Symbios Logic 810 SCSI controller).

[/B]
If you have registered Feurio!® then Mr Fangmeier welcomes support inquiries, he has been most helpful to me in the past :wink:

As for ahead’s wnaspi32.dll, just try it and let us know

Well, I don’t mind using ASPI 4.60. It works perfectly. ASPI 4.70 don’t work with several programs apart from Feurio in my computer.
I don’t use ASPI layer in Windows XP. Feurio can access drives in “DeviceIOControl” mode, and it seems to work like ASPI in Win98. I don’t know if this mode has advantages or not.

Also I don’t know how to install that Ahead’s wnaspi32.dll.
Do I change the ASPI’s original file with this one or is it installed separately?

I don’t like the idea of several ASPI layers, based on what I read here:
http://www.feurio.com/English/faq/faq_vocable_aspi.shtml
"EACH driver installed on the system is a risk. Many programs install their own ASPI driver - as a result different programs impede each other.
If e. g. 6 different programs install their own ASPI drivers, there are 6 different drivers afterwards that try to independently access the SCSI/ IDE interface - it’s obviously that this is bound to go wrong.
In our opinion that is not the job of the exercise - after all there is this standard interface. "

Win9x came with early versions of Adaptec ASPI (v1.x). If you don’t need later versions of ASPI for dependent programs, like ClonyXXL, then simply copy ahead’s wnaspi32.dll to the system folder, which will over-write the Adaptec version - generally not an issue. The problems are from 4.57 onwards. I use 4.60 with ahead’s wnapsi32.dll and have no problems but many do for many reasons. The most important thing is to have you adaptor working and go from there.

WinXP uses a proprietory “SCSI Passthrough Interface” which is their version of ASPI. Good programs know it’s there and how to use it. But, if you use an Adaptec product then you need to use 4.72, unfortunately.

This is what the Feurio System Requirements says about ASPI:

[b]For Windows 95/98/Me: ASPI-Driver

The ASPI-driver you can get from the vendor of your SCSI-hostadapter. Either you will find it on your driver disc or on the Website of the vendor of your hostadapter. Look at the Link-Page!
Windows 95 includes already a simple ASPI-driver, so that normally there’s no need for an extra ASPI-driver. However, since the included ASPI-driver is relativly old, it is highly recommended to install a newer driver!
For Windows NT/2000/XP no ASPI-Driver is required.[/b]