Ltr-48125s

i know thats the liteon LTR-48125W is suposed to be able to create 1:1 copies when combined with the right software but i have a LTR-48125S, can this do the same and whats the differance between the S and the W

Oh if people would use the search, imagine how lovely the world would be… :slight_smile:

The only difference between S and W is, as said so many times before, the flash memory. Both makes 1:1 copys.

just for the record i did use the search button but couldnt find anything, one more question while your here, has anyone managed to make a 1:1 copy of nfshp2 ? i tried using blindwrite which didnt work and i also tried with alcohol which lets me run it from the cd-rw i copied it with but not my memorex writer. i installed it from the copy on my other pc but the same again it wouldnt run from the cd, says about the corrupt registry thing.

Originally posted by elementour

just for the record i did use the search button but couldnt find anything

Here you are :

Dumb questions, and W / S letter notation ?

To whom it may concern: :cool:

What should elementour have searched for, “Dumb questions”? :bigsmile:

The search won’t allow lookups for any term of less than three characters, so “S W” won’t work in the search. “S and W” returns no hits. “W / S” does not work either.

For all the search nagging on this board, it is not always the answer. As crazy as it sounds, you sometimes have to know the answer to use the search. If you look up Winbond or ST Microelectronics (except ST won’t work) then you can find the threads, but then if you already know these terms you won’t need the thread except to point someone to it. :cool:

The search is not always useful unless the correct search terms are known, and sometimes the best search terms are eliminated by the search requirements.

Instead of the generic search mania, I think it would be a lot more useful to tell someone the term(s) to search for. :wink:

Instead of the generic search mania, I think it would be a lot more useful to tell someone the term(s) to search for.

Maybe, (instead of knee-jerk criticisms of the forum moderators), one could apply the same critical analysis to oneself and just respond to the post.
In this case, a simple search on 48125S, 48125W would have provided a wealth of information.
Maybe what we really need are some sticky threads on the use of the search engine, but then no one could find them because they can’t figure out how to use the search to find the search instructions. :eek:

rdgrimes,

You are the last person who should be giving advice on being self-critical, as this concept completely eludes you. :cool:

This is another example of your (knee) jerk advice. :bigsmile:

In any event, you may not have noticed that my comments were not aimed at forum moderators, but was a general statement. I respect most moderators, but the behavior and attitude of some is not worthy of respect. :frowning:

@Inertia:

Everyone is supposed to read the FAQs in a forum before posting. Full stop. This is a general rule on all forums (maybe even on cdrinfo). Full stop. The answer to this question can be found there. Full stop.

Originally posted by alexnoe
[B]@Inertia:

Everyone is supposed to read the FAQs in a forum before posting. Full stop. This is a general rule on all forums (maybe even on cdrinfo). Full stop. The answer to this question can be found there. Full stop. [/B]

alexnoe

First, there is no organized and maintained FAQ in this forum. If you are referring to the stickies, there are 32 pages of them. Do you really expect people will read through 32 pages of mostly irrelevant information to get a simple question answered? Rules are useless if they are not practical. Full stop.

Do you read the stickies yourself? As far as the question being answered in the stickies, the answer in the stickies is incorrect and misleading. Full stop.

Did you read the thread in the link posted by BoSkin? This addresses the inaccurate listing in the stickies. Full stop.

@Inertia: The FAQ is under reconstruction. You’re right this it is not structured / organised well. This will be fixed, but I’m not Sabrina or anyone else who can freeze time.
The answeres can’t be that wrong. If it were that bad, then you had reported about errors earlier. Or do you refer to anything after the very first post?

There is no need to read the whole thread. Just the first large post suffices.

alexnoe,

I know that you’ve put in a lot of work to accurately maintain OC-Freak’s Lite-on FAQ thread, and I must say that I appreciate your efforts in this regard. :slight_smile:

Overall, I think this first post is an excellent guide, and very well done. My only complaint was the incomplete answer omitting the S (ST Microelectronics) and W (Winbond) explanation for these EPROM related drive designations. This is the real explanation behind the S & W designation, not the CLV-PCAV-CAV info which is just background history. Almost all of the posts about the S & W difference don’t cover this EPROM source distinction.

I’m not sure that allowing posting after the initial information posting is a good idea, since being in a permanent thread it creates the impression that it should be useful information. It just seems to clutter the thread with mostly useless posts. Maybe there’s is a way to separate and lock the FAQ type sticky posts, and post the comments and suggestions to another thread.

In any event, thanks again for your efforts in keeping the information accurate. :slight_smile:

I’m not sure that allowing posting after the initial information posting is a good idea
This was OC’s idea long before I came here :stuck_out_tongue:

My only complaint was the incomplete answer omitting the S (ST Microelectronics) and W (Winbond) explanation for these EPROM related drive designations
Ah! This is a piece of information I can use :slight_smile:

Originally posted by elementour
i know thats the liteon LTR-48125W is suposed to be able to create 1:1 copies when combined with the right software but i have a LTR-48125S, can this do the same and whats the differance between the S and the W

Both W & S are same except the flash memory. Both have same capabilities.

I had a 48125W & when I replaced it I got a 48125S. No difference in capabilities.