LTR-40125S vs. LTR-40125W

vbimport

Just wondering, I haven't been able to figure out which of these 2 drives is actually better. I picked up the LTR-40125W, but haven't opened it yet, so I'm wondering, should I go and exchange it for a LTR-40125S, or is the difference negligible? I don't plan on o/cing em to the 48x. I'm coming from the Plextor world, so this brand is very new to me. :smiley: Thanks for any help.

PS: One more thing, I see that the S is listed @ Elby's site, but the W is not; is the W still compatible w/CloneCD?

This question have been answered a zillion times before…if you had searched the forum you would have found the answer.

W: shipped as P-CAV. No mount rainier capable firmware yet.
S: most is shipped as Zone-CLV, mount rainier and P-CAV availible with a firmware upgrade.

You misunderstood my question. I know of the differences b/w the drives, but I don’t understand the differences enough to know which is better… get my question now? :wink: Any idea about the CloneCD compatibility?

beside the mentioned differences they are the same!

So I guess that means the W is fully compatible w/CloneCD (since the S is)? Thanks again.

If you face any compatibility issues with CloneCD and S/W series, just flash the drive as required. Not that there are any, AFAIK :slight_smile:

I know the drive can be flashed to the 48125W, but can it also be flashed to the 40125S? Thanks!

Originally posted by Eluder
I know the drive can be flashed to the 48125W, but can it also be flashed to the 40125S? Thanks!

Yep…no problems…:slight_smile:

Oh, that’s pretty sweet, very different here @ Lite-On from my Plexy days… Love Plextor, but Lite-Ons are starting to really appeal to me. :smiley: Thanks for the info!

Originally posted by roadworker
Yep…no problems…:slight_smile:

Dont expect any kind of customer support from Liteon though mate. Brilliant drives but tech support stinks.

Originally posted by I Have Piles
Dont expect any kind of customer support from Liteon though mate. Brilliant drives but tech support stinks.

Who needs them,when we have OC-Freak and this forum???:bow: :bigsmile:

So if you bought a drive and the retailer went out of business and your drive went bang OC-Freak and this forum would be able to sort it out would they? Nice, thats what i call dedication.

Not a big deal, had the Plextor for a long time and never needed to deal w/tech support, hopefully the Lite-On will be as unproblematic.

Originally posted by I Have Piles