LTR-40125S shipped w/P-CAV + Mt. Ranier

vbimport

Just want to say hi to everyone. I'm new to the forums. I've been "looking in the window" for a while and got so much information that I thought I'd step in.

I just got a great buy on a Lite-on LTR-40125S for $70 US and it appears as if it was shipped with the ZSOF firmware that supports Mt. Ranier and P-CAV.

how come under READ speed it says 12x?

I got the same model today, but costs me 80.

weird thing is, mine says

Read max 48x
Write max 24x

Firmware: ZS0A

Originally posted by scarier
[B]how come under READ speed it says 12x?

I got the same model today, but costs me 80.

weird thing is, mine says

Read max 48x
Write max 24x

[/B]

ok the speeds differ under the nero tool

try placeing a blank cdr in the burner then accsess the tool

it should read out

48x
40x

some disks media that have been copyed will report difrent speeds or difrent media !!

but blanks should always say the correct readings
give it a try ! :smiley:

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

where did you bought it
for 70$

Originally posted by ViRuS2k
[B]

ok the speeds differ under the nero tool

try placeing a blank cdr in the burner then accsess the tool

it should read out

48x
40x

some disks media that have been copyed will report difrent speeds or difrent media !!

but blanks should always say the correct readings
give it a try ! :smiley:

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: [/B]

I got the exact opposite. Recorded CDRs read 48X READ and 40X WRITE and blank CDRs give a variety of readings on both READ and WRITE. Tried 3 different brands, all CMC, and got 3 different readings with Nero Info Tool v1.01.

where did you bought it
for 70$

I bought it at
newegg.com

Hmmm…what day did you purchase it?

I got the Retail version for $74 shipped and placed my order on June 8th.

It on its way via Fedex now.

the zsof could you send me it please

in bin form

im intrested and would like a original that i can use thats better that my wso3 original firmware that dont have mt rainer support :stuck_out_tongue:

send here please

v2k@v2kv2k.freeserve.co.uk

cheers…:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :stuck_out_tongue:

I also like to have the zsof, could you send it to me please?

balboa@home.se

Thanks

If you send it to me at oc-freak@cdfreaks.com I’ll host it so other can download it :wink:

Follow my mtkflash guide.

I’m new to this but I’ll try to extract the bin and send it to all who requested it. OC-Freak I’ll give your procedure a shot. Thanks

Is there a newer version of Nero info tool …mine does not report Mt Rainier support and I flashed to 48125W

Also is this firmware on the 40x newer than the posted by liteon that provies CAV and Mt Rainier support…ZSOJ…

No the firmware is older. But it’s always nice to have in the collection :wink:

Nero Info Tool 1.01 is the latest www.cdspeed2000.com

Thanks OC-Freak

ViRuS2k
balboa
OC-Freak

As requested, the ZSOF firmware has been sent to the email addresses provided. Please confirm receipt so I’ll know you got it. Thanks for all the info you all provided in these forums.

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Originally posted by MrBigglesworth
[B]Hmmm…what day did you purchase it?

I got the Retail version for $74 shipped and placed my order on June 8th.

It on its way via Fedex now. [/B]

I purchased on Thursday 6th, it was shipped on Friday 7th and arrived on Tuesday 11th. It was retail also, $70 + $4 for shipping via FedEx.

heh im in the same boat as you guys. I ordered the 40x liteon from newegg for 74 dollars shipped too. I would have had it today but no one was home and they will try again tomorrow.

I can not get Nero CD speed to work with my o/ced 48125W…I am using newest version of website… .85e beta

also infotool version 1.01 still reports no Mt Rainier with this drive…

Did any of you by chance check the date the dirve with
ZSOF firmware was manufactured. If so, whould you share the
date with us.
Regards

Lparky

for anyone who care…the via 31.4 miniport drivers were the problem with Nero CD speed and Info tool…uninstalled and it worked fine…
ran transfer test and got start write speed of 22x finished at 48.95x…avg 37.10 with CAV write…I pysched to confirm the drive is working at 48x

I just got my liteon 40x S version today from newegg and its manufactured in May 2002. Im not sure what firmware it had because i upgraded to the 6/4/02 firmware right away. I think it ended in an A.