LTR-40125S Problem (Please help)

vbimport

2 days ago my CDRW drive decided to stop working. It worked fine on Sunday, but then I tried to burn a CD on Monday and discovered that my drive refused to even read a cd. Any cd. Blank, audio, game, whatever. It would flicker the light for 2-3 seconds and then nothing.

Now I’ve tried flashing the firmware, but it won’t work due to an interesting problem: Windows XP doesn’t detect the drive as a LTR-40125S, or even as the Verbatim that it is. Instead it thinks it’s an ATAPI CDRW 40/12/48. So when I try to flash it, it says it can’t flash it because the drive it’s looking for doesn’t exist and the only drive it finds is an ATAPI (which is what it’s listed as in device manager).

You guys have any ideas besides RMAing it? (It’s about 9 months old)

Edit: I also haven’t had any luck finding drivers for it that would let XP see it as what it really is.

i don’t don’t know how long you have warrenty, but you could try to flash the drive in dos, and look if it can be recovered.

flashing: http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=42502

But you better should wait for some one who can explain what the flashing of the led means.

did you look for info in the other Lite-on threads?
Lite-on gaq; http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=42344

BEFORE you do all this, did you do a clean install of windows?? to see if all works afther that?

Originally posted by Habib
2 days ago my CDRW drive decided to stop working.

You guys have any ideas besides RMAing it?
Hi !

1. What software are you attempting to burn with ?

2. Make sure all your IDE cables, jumpers and stuff are properly connected.

3. Disadble IMAPI :

Control Panel > Adm Tools > Services > disable IMAPI CD-Burning COM Service

Originally posted by BoSkin
[B]Hi !

1. What software are you attempting to burn with ?

2. Make sure all your IDE cables, jumpers and stuff are properly connected.

3. Disadble IMAPI :

Control Panel > Adm Tools > Services > disable IMAPI CD-Burning COM Service [/B]

The newest version of Nero. Although now that I think about it, this started happening right after I installed it (Nero) on Sunday. I did a full HD wipe/reinstall a few weeks back, and only got around to installing Nero on Sunday, and that’s when the burner stopped working.

And my IMAPI is already disabled.

un-install nero , use a registry cleaner…then restart
and look of the drive is now ok

I have exactly the same problem , ive tried everything people have told me to try. So im just gonna take it back and try and get a replacement or rma it. Im not paying for a new one :slight_smile:

Originally posted by damiandimitri
un-install nero , use a registry cleaner…then restart
and look of the drive is now ok

Registry cleaner?

Originally posted by Habib

Registry cleaner?

Yes, what do you think ? Even when uninstalling a prog, its traces still remain in the registery.

And that’s why it would useful to wipe those up “by hand” by going there :
Strart > Run > Regedit > F3 > type Nero

or just wipe up some stuff using e.g. RegCleaner

Still no luck. Well, RMA here I come.

Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling your ide contoller in device manager ?

Damn cdrw , its causing me stress :eek: