LTR-40125s making lag

vbimport

WHEW! i just got my new 40125s in the mail from newegg.com and i installed it as soon as possible. So i go to burn a cd with CCD 4.0.1.9 and WOW i got hit by a wall of lag! my computer was going as slow as a pentium 2 while i read AVP2 disk 1 (securomNEW) and the same thing while i burnt it!

I read/wrote the cd using my liteon in my win98 partition any reasons why it was so laggy?

Enable DMA and it will be smoother. :wink:

It seems a bit faster, is there anything else i can do to make working on my PC while burning a bit smoother?

I should have prob put this in a different thread but how come i cant select Don’t Repair Subchannel Data in CCD 4.0.1.9 in the burn menu?

Disable any applications running in the background (Antivirus, disk optimizers etc).

Use Nero 5.5.8.2 or the latest one (5.5.9.0)

Nevermind about dont repair subchannel data, i just had to change write mode to RAW-DAO

Check your drive with nero cdspeed!
Maybe your drive has an even more abnormal CPU usage at high speed?!
Normally the drive uses about 25% of your CPU when you burn at 8X, so possibly even more when you burn faster.

Thanks for the suggestion, but i found the problem. It turns out i only enabled DMA on my hard drive, and i couldnt on my LiteON. So after a little thinking I realised that the wee little 2x cd-rom drive i had on MIGHT not support DMA so i popped it out.

now the problem is i have winXP installed, so where do i go to enable DMA?

Easy, goto the Device Manager in Windows XP, then goto “IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers” and double click the controller that has the CD-RW. Then you can goto the Adavanced Settings tab and voila!

thanks a lot! everything works great and 40x is soooo fast <drool>

Try overclocking to 48x. Might make you drool a little bit more :stuck_out_tongue:

BTW, use VS02.

Considering this is a brand new burner, im not ready to OC it yet. I dont really feel like putting it in the line of fire for an extra couple seconds, i might when its been a little while though.

It’s more like 20-30 seconds, but you get shorter burn times at 32x too, because it’ll start at 22x instead of 18x. I’ve flashed mine forwards and backwards a dozen times, it’s fun!