LTR-32123S tray opens-closes randomly

vbimport

Hello!
I've recently bought Lite-On 32x12x40 and NeroInfo Tools says that it is model LTR-32123S with firmware XS0K.
I've got a strange problem when installing for the first time this drive on WindowsXP.

When I open the drive pushing the button on the front panel, the tray closes immediately itself.

The drive was bought in 02'2002 in Germany if this helps.
Any ideas why the drive opens and closes itself.

P.S. Sorry for the awful english :slight_smile:

I am sorry to be the one to tell your Lite-On is broken, but it is :frowning:

I had the same problem once with an Aopen DVD-rom, I went back to the store and they exchanged it for a new one.

I’ve seen this problem sometimes. Windows XP or a program is trying to access the drive and causes it to close.

Are you using DirectCD?

You may also try to update the firmware.

Yeah. I heard there was a thing with this drive having eject-related problems with older firmware. XS0K sounds like its pretty old.

Make sure that the drive is getting good clean power as well, and that your PSU isn’t causing the problem.

This was an issue with older 24102B FW not 32123S.

I think you should upgrade your firmware. I have a 32123s with the latest firmware and it works like a champ.

dwrbudr,

Try these:

1. If you have access to SP1 Beta, update your XP.

2. Disable “Enable Digital Audio…” for the burner thru the Windows Device Manager or any other possible path.

3. Check if there is a device conflict with the burner. Should be possible thru Device Manager.

4. As another post mentions, update the firmware.

5. Disable IMAPI (CD burning software that comes bundled with XP)

Originally posted by Tremo
I have a 32123s with the latest firmware and it works like a champ.

Yeah, mine too, except that the drive is not overclockable…:frowning: