LTR 12102C-QU2 Windows 98 driver

vbimport

I have the said drive and I need a windows 98 device driver for it. The disk came in a computer which had windows XP on it so no driver was needed. I have since just put a new lite-on dvd-rw in that computer and now can replace a bad optical drive in my old 98 box but I need the drivers. I cannot find them anywhere, any ideas on how to get them???

They likely don’t exist. If it’s a newer drive (last 2, 3, maybe even 4 years) many companies – and I’m not sure about LiteON, but the fact that you haven’t found it suggests they don’t – don’t support Windows 98 anymore. Microsoft themselves have pulled support, as I’m sure you know.

It’s probably no help, but if you want support for newer hardware you’re going to have to update to Windows 2000 or newer, and with 2000 there can still be support issues. Sorry I couldn’t be more help.

-[I]silence[/I]

Thanks for your efforts none the less. I cannot upgrade this system to anything above windows 98SE. It has only 128MB ram and a 500mhz celeron processor ( Its so old I dont even know the core… way before coppermine ((which I think was a P3)) ), a 12GB HDD and its all just garbage. Usefull for surfing the web and word processing only.

I found a 12102B driver, if I cant turn up anything else I may try it.

You do not need a driver. Win98 supports ATAPI drives out of the box.

Good to know, thank you.

Sorry – the way you wrote the original post I thought you’d tried to install it and it was asking for a driver (which I admit was kind of odd, I should’ve put a little more thought in to it.) Thanks for correcting me, ala42. Didn’t mean to confuse anyone.