LTR-12101B - Bad Flash! Help!

I know the answer to this is somewhere on this forum, but I’ve trawled for a while and got bits and pieces, so I thought I’d ask in the hope that someone can give me a definate answer.

I tried to flash my LTR-12101B using the LS233J.EXE windows flasher from Lite-On. Being the first time I’d done it, stupid me didn’t think to backup the old firmware first (I assumed the flasher would take care of that).

First attempt gave me a “Flash Timeout” message right at the end. Second attempt locked the PC up completely, so I had to hold my breath and hit the reset button… :frowning:

My BIOS then took ages trying to detect the drive before giving up and now it just says “Not Installed”. As an added pain my HD light is now stuck on.

Now, I’ve tried both MTKFLASH and PFLASH with a binary called LS17.BIN, but neither of them work - MTKFLASH does nothing at all, PFLASH does several “soft reset” attempts but still fails.

So - apparently there is one final trick with jumpering some pins? Can someone tell me exactly what to do here? Which pins? How long do I jumper them for? Switched off/on?

Any help to get my drive back greatly appreciated - I’ve been in the IT industry 10 years and never killed a bit of my own kit yet!

Thanks,
Gaz.

Follow the bad flash recovery hints in the mtkflash guide (of course you must use pflash for your drive, not mtkflash)

I already tried everything in the mtkflash instructions I had - it didn’t mention jumpers at all. Is there another guide somewhere? A link would be useful! I’ve seen postings here about jumpering 2 pins, but no actual instructions on what to do. So someone out there must have done it before…?

Thanks,
Gaz.

If I remember correctly:

1 2 3
4 5 6

connect 5-6.

Then try again using pflash, but I doubt that it helps.

Have you also tried to use another PC to revive your drive?

Jumper 5 & 6 - OK. Any chance of a bit more detail? Like, do you just short the pins for a couple of seconds with the power off? Or do you leave them jumpered whil you re-flash?

Sorry to be a pain, but I’m flying blind here and I need detailed instructions.

As for trying another PC - what difference would it make? Surely the BIOS on the other PC will do the same as on mine? Pardon my ignorance if I’m missing something here… I don’t have another PC handy, but could work something out if I knew exactly what I was supposed to do…