LtnFlash question

vbimport

I am using LtnFlash for Jitter scans.

The program starts with an 20h intervall. If you scan a bluray then this is only for masochists. So the value has to be increased.

When I check the screenshots in the forum then you use sometimes an intervall of 256 or 2048. But what is the reason for that?
Aren’t these values not fitting at all? To use 2^8 or 2^11 could be understandable - but these are already hex numbers.
so 2^8 h= 256 h would be 598 (dezimal) and
2^11 h = 2048 h woudl be 8264

I doubt that there is any reason to use these numbers. So a value of 200 or 2000 would be more logical - or am I wrong?

[QUOTE=BLERandJitter;2671137]I am using LtnFlash for Jitter scans.

The program starts with an 20h intervall. If you scan a bluray then this is only for masochists. So the value has to be increased.

When I check the screenshots in the forum then you use sometimes an intervall of 256 or 2048. But what is the reason for that?
Aren’t these values not fitting at all? To use 2^8 or 2^11 could be understandable - but these are already hex numbers.
so 2^8 h= 256 h would be 598 (dezimal) and
2^11 h = 2048 h woudl be 8264

I doubt that there is any reason to use these numbers. So a value of 200 or 2000 would be more logical - or am I wrong?[/QUOTE]

You’re right, BLERandJitter. A hex value would be more logical, and scanning Blu-rays at 20h is definitely masochistic. I did that a couple of times when I first started using LtnFlash, but no more. :eek: I chose 256 for my scans without enough thought (obviously), and have stuck with it for consistency. However, it shouldn’t make much difference, if any, to use 200h instead of 256. I plan to switch to 200h when I’m not in the middle of scans from a specific drive and MID. It would be interesting to see the differences between scanning at 20h, 200h, and 2000h on the same burn. I might try that some day.

I think there won’t be big differences. Not more than by rescanning the disc - the graphic is only neater (imo) when the interval is larger.
I do always 3 scans - 1x, 2x, 4x speed. At first I only wanted to know whether there are differences. And now they only verify each other.