LTH BD-R Media discussion

I would like to see more LTH discs.

I thought the LTH media can not record in our burners? Only ones made for LTH (Low to High)? please enlighten me? Can they really be firmware upgraded? That was my understanding as to why JAM (TY) will not bring them into the US?

[QUOTE=MegaDETH;2290429]I guess I shouldn’t be surprised to see the TDK MID, I have about 10 BD-R’s from various companies and they are TDK as well.

But I like to see the LTH![/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=CDR Sam;2290479]I thought the LTH media can [B]not record in our burners[/B]? Only ones made for LTH (Low to High)? please enlighten me? Can they really be firmware upgraded? That was my understanding as to why JAM (TY) will not bring them into the US?[/QUOTE]

depends what burner you got, most recent burners can burn LTH at 2x

I thought that was the LTH limitation: 2x. Panasonic had an article discussing 8x technology and how they thought LTH was really dead because it could not go beyond 2x and then the dye issue. Most of the manufacturers I have talked to Poo-Poo LTH.
Is this a technical interest or that you all feel it’s better in some way (I have no opinion: trying to learn more about LTH) Sorry if I’m highjacking :o

[QUOTE=nekrosoft13;2290489]depends what burner you got, most recent burners can burn LTH at 2x[/QUOTE]

Splitting LTH discussion from another thread here…

The LG BH08NS20 seems to recognize LTH media.

But my External BD Burner doesn’t :sad:

what external drive?

edit, btw is that the verb that b&h has available for special orders?

The external BD drive is a Digistor DIG-78102.

These LTH’s were right from a Verbatim rep.

[QUOTE=nekrosoft13;2290779]what external drive?

edit, btw is that the verb that b&h has available for special orders?[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=MegaDETH;2291040]The external BD drive is a [B]Digistor DIG-78102[/B].

These LTH’s were right from a Verbatim rep.[/QUOTE]

slot loading small form factor drive? probably a matsushita drive. Don’t expect much from it.

Don’t expect to little from it :stuck_out_tongue:

While the burning speeds are not overly fast not a single bad burn so far on any type media, in fact the burns are quite good.

[QUOTE=nekrosoft13;2291214]slot loading small form factor drive? probably a matsushita drive. Don’t expect much from it.[/QUOTE]