LTD-166S Firmware

My drive says LTD-166S on top but PC sees it as XJ-HD166S.

Have I previously flashed it with the wrong firmware or is this normal?

I was thinking of flashing it with the latest firmware am now not sure which one to use as I am not sure of the drives identity.

Any suggestions ?

Howdy!
This is the new naming scheme introduced by later firmwares. It’s nothing wrong.

I have the LTD-166S (JLMS DVD-ROM LTD-166S) and I wanted to flash a new firmware on it. But the lite on tool didn´t accept it because it wants the XJ-HD166S.
Can I flash the drive any way else?

Originally posted by Flexus
I have the LTD-166S (JLMS DVD-ROM LTD-166S) and I wanted to flash a new firmware on it. But the lite on tool didn´t accept it because it wants the XJ-HD166S.
Can I flash the drive any way else?

Can you be more specific with what you did? Have you tried this?

Huh. Interesting. I didn’t even know that LiteOn released a new FW for 166S 2 days ago. Guess it’s time for me to do an update of my drives FW as well. :slight_smile:

the flash tool doesn´t accept the drive. It want´s a “JLMS XJ-HD166S” an the name of my drive is “JLMS DVD-ROM LTD-166S”. Is there any way to flash the drive? With another tool?

Hey, I guess if u are COMPLETELY sure that u have the right firmware for ur drive, then u could use flashfix on your firmware file and then flash it on.

Thanks for the information. I made the update and the drive (now jlms xj-hd166s) reads now the dvd it didn´t read before

great to hear. Keep on truckin’, err, I mean, burnin’.