LTD-165H or LTD-163D DVD Drive?

vbimport

Hi there I was just wondering if the differencesbetween these 2 DVD Drives are significant enough to warrant waiting for the 165H? I know it is smaller, which will be useful for me...but I can't find it anywhere in Sydney. I am guessing I'll have to wait a while before it comes here.

So should I wait or just get the 163D?

Weshy.

I just got the LTD-163D for my home PC. Installed it last night.

As far as I can tell the 165H will read DVD-RAM and the 163 doesn’t, however the Lite-On web site doesn’t help that much.

Try this for more infomation.

Thanks Orinco.:slight_smile: I’ve read everything I can in the forums. But just wanted to see opinions of people who have used both. I have the 163D right now. I may need another one shortly (for my 2nd PC).

Are there any differences when it comes to reading Copy protected CD’s? Are thye both as competent as each other (can the 165 read key2audio?). Or are the only practical differences the size and reading DVD-RAM?

thanks.:slight_smile:

Weshy.

Sorry Welshy, I’ve never used a -165, in fact I’ve only just got my -163D installed yesterday.

I would EXPECT the -165 to be unable to read the protected audio same as every other Lite-On drive.

So I guess it is just the DVD-RAM and size, but …

Hi guys
thought I’d let you know I’ve had the ltd 163d for a couple of months and found it no good for psx (to bl**dy) slow.
Luckily my toshiba was fast as fcuk.

That was untill last night when I flashed the ltd 163d to 163
using MTKFLASH and F/W GH5K.
Now it is just as fast as the tosh and in fact it’s actually better
as it’s far better than the tosh at reading sub channel audio

so go ahead and flash it.

Originally posted by celeb
[B]Hi guys
thought I’d let you know I’ve had the ltd 163d for a couple of months and found it no good for psx (to bl**dy) slow.
Luckily my toshiba was fast as fcuk.

That was untill last night when I flashed the ltd 163d to 163
using MTKFLASH and F/W GH5K.
Now it is just as fast as the tosh and in fact it’s actually better
as it’s far better than the tosh at reading sub channel audio

so go ahead and flash it. [/B]

Hmm…thanks for the heads up. Although I don’t have PSX some friends of mine do and may need this…

Weshy.