Ltd-163 Or Ltd-165?

Do I have to take the LTD-163 or the LTD-165 ???

Is there a difference, the noise doesn’t disturb me anyway. I’m looking for the quality of reading. I need to know in order to copy as much as usual…

Thnx!

Moved the thread to the Lite-On forum…

I use to have the LTD-163 and I was pretty happy with it but it was too noisy and a bit tempermental at times specially when the drive use to go crazy when it was trying to buffer the information specially when Playing DivX

I have upgraded to LTD-165H as the unit is smaller in depth than the 163 model and has a more up-to-date FW that can be updated in windows now and not dos as it is required for the 163 model.

More updated F.W. hints of better media compatibility, which can assure a more accurate if not better raeding.

The 165 unit is condiderably quieter and seems to be a lot more solid and not as loose than the older model.

I have had noting less than perfect results from it being reading protection wise specially the so called New Securom2 (unknown) this drive has proved it seld to be an out standing subcode reader.

In short they are both great drives but I would highly recommend the 165 version for better construction and better media compatibility.

165H can also read DVD-RAM where one model of the 163 couldn’t. 165H also has different size firmware so they aren’t interchangable (256k vs. 128k for 163). Ithink Mango posted a region free tool a litle while ago so the 165 can be made region free

Originally posted by PaRaDoX
[B]I use to have the LTD-163 and I was pretty happy with it but it was too noisy and a bit tempermental at times specially when the drive use to go crazy when it was trying to buffer the information specially when Playing DivX

I have upgraded to LTD-165H as the unit is smaller in depth than the 163 model and has a more up-to-date FW that can be updated in windows now and not dos as it is required for the 163 model.

More updated F.W. hints of better media compatibility, which can assure a more accurate if not better raeding.

The 165 unit is condiderably quieter and seems to be a lot more solid and not as loose than the older model.

I have had noting less than perfect results from it being reading protection wise specially the so called New Securom2 (unknown) this drive has proved it seld to be an out standing subcode reader.

In short they are both great drives but I would highly recommend the 165 version for better construction and better media compatibility. [/B]

Can I change the firmware of my 163 into a 165H ???

Can you tell me the procedure to do so?

Thanx

Originally posted by skawn
Can I change the firmware of my 163 into a 165H ???

No.

Someone can test the 165H with DVDSpeed? Thanks :slight_smile: