LTC- 48161H won't read CMC MAG F01

vbimport

I have a liteon 48161H that just stutters and locks up dvdinfopro everytime I try to get the media info fom the disc. They're HP branded discs that are read (by NEC 2500a) as CMC MAG F01's.

Yes, this is the current "staples" special :slight_smile: In any case, firmware on the drive is KHOP (latest). I haven't tried buning a disc and then reading it with the liteon, but I can't imagine that it would work if it can't even recognise the unburnt disc!

Any advice? maybe try an older fimware? Please post if you can help, Thanks!

-paul

update: burnt a data disc and now the drive reads the disc just fine :slight_smile:

Is it normal for a combo drive not to recognize blank dvd+r media, or is this maybe a fimware or drive issue (like I originally thought)?

-paul

A combo drive is not designed to read empty DVD-media. It only reads written DVD-media with leadin and leadout.

Originally posted by easy-going-man
A combo drive is not designed to read empty DVD-media. It only reads written DVD-media with leadin and leadout.

Thanks a lot for the reply! I was sweatin’ there for a moment thinking that maybe the drive was messed up! I’m not a “newbie” when it comes to cd burning or computers, but since I’ve been building computers (1998), I’ve never owned a PC dvd drive or burner, so dvd + PC is new territory to me :slight_smile:

-paul