LSC-24081 write problem. Help!

I have Slimtype Combo LSC-24081 drive. I’ve found here LiteonUtil tool to make Lite-On drives RPC-1. So my drive successfully became region free. Then I tried to change back the drives RPC state. It messages me error. Also tried LtnRPC tool. Now my drive easily changes between RPC 1 and 2.
But the problem is that now blank media max read speed is 8x (but not 24x as should be).

So CDs written at speed >8x doesn’t read correctly (but burning process completes successfully).
Only CDs burned at speed <=8x are readable.
I’ve tried all kind of firmwares for this drive, it doesn’t solves the problem :frowning:
After a series of manipulation I found out that RPC state is stored in drives EEPROM.
But I’ve backuped my drives EEPROM only after manipulation with those RPC tools :frowning:

Is there any chance to make my drive to write CDs correctly at speed >8x?
Does my drive now recognizes blank CDs as DVD (DVD read speed is 8x for this drive)?
May be someone could fix my EEPROM file?
Also if somebody have or knows who has LSC-24081 drive, PLEASE send me drives EEPROM file (it could be saved with LtnFlash tool)
I know that EEPROM is individual for every drive, but anyway…

Please help! Thanks!

Sorry for double posting!
Can anybody with the permissions delete this one, please?

Insert a disc with data to get the correct reading speed shown, that is normal with all Lite-On drives.

Same goes for writing speed: insert a disc that it supports writing at max speed to get max speed shown.

Tried with quality media when writing at speeds over 8x? Some disc types do not work good even if they say 48/52x certified.

Originally posted by OC-Freak
Insert a disc with data to get the correct reading speed shown, that is normal with all Lite-On drives.

Correct speed it shows only for CDs with data (24x), but with the blank media in shows only 8x (for all kind of media)

Same goes for writing speed: insert a disc that it supports writing at max speed to get max speed shown.[/B]

Writing speed it shows correctly as you can see on the screenshot.

Tried with quality media when writing at speeds over 8x? Some disc types do not work good even if they say 48/52x certified. [/B]

Yes, sure. Only quality media.

I think LiteonUtil v0.93 have made not correct changes to my EEPROM, so now my drive doesn’t burn readable CDs at speed over 8x :confused:

Hey Lite-On 24081 model owners!
The problem is that my drive recognizes blank media as DVD (I’ve been setting DVD region zone with blank media in) So now I couldn’t burn my CD-R/RW normally. :sad:
And I don’t know addresses where this information is stored in EEPROM.
Does anybody know?

Could you get a copy of your EEPROM and sent it to my e-mail? Please! I realy need it! I would really thank you!!! :bow:

Yes it’s normal to only see 8x read speed with any empty media!

I can’t see how this problem could have anything to do with the Region-freeing.

[B]Yes it’s normal to only see 8x read speed with any empty media!

I can’t see how this problem could have anything to do with the Region-freeing. [/B]

But why CDs burned at speed over 8x doesn’t read correctly?
Could the problem be in drives firmware? I’ve changed it to the original. But the problem remains :sad:

Anyway, who has 24081 drive, PLEASE, e-mail me your EEPROM dump.

Have you tried quality media ølike Taiyo Yuden, mitsubishi or ritek?

I’ve always used Prodisk media w/o any problems. Anything was OK untill I started to change different FWs and to use RPC tools. Tried DVD Video, the playback is perfect.
Now the CDs burned at 8x are also unusable.
When burning process is about 17-18% complete, the drives led flashes with the red (means that writing was stoped for a while, also flashes when buffer-underrun protection is used), but normally (when burning) it’s orange. Then (after 18% complete) drive becomes a bit noisy, seems the rotation speed is increased. Burning process completes successfully, but only first 17-18% of burned data is readable.
If to look at the CD under lamp it’s visible that only small part of area changed it’s shade of green (seems it’s these 18%).
The same problem with the other media.
Any ideas of my problem? Thanks for your comments!

P.S. Sorry for my horrible english.