Low read speed with clonecd 4 beta 14

vbimport

i copied a few discs with the clonecd 4 , for the audio cd ' s i copied , the read speed was 4 x or maximum 8 x , i think that could be normal ,
but i copied also data cd 's ( not durty or something ) and the read speed was also only 4 x , is that normal ??
the writing of the cd 's were alright ( with good media )
i tested it with my plextor 24/10/32a ( ide ) and with my plextor 12/4/32 ( scsi ) writer , i used them as reader too ,

so : why is the read speed low ??

by the way : thankx olli , gread job !!

bye

Yup, I read much faster with CloneCD 3.3.41, too…(LiteOn 40x12x48x)

Have you read this thread? Did you try the search function?

I saw that post Futureproof…but it seems to me clonecd4 is slightly slower in read and write on my system…but this is my impression

but a few seconds is no big deal…

Originally posted by nealh
[B]I saw that post Futureproof…but it seems to me clonecd4 is slightly slower in read and write on my system…but this is my impression

but a few seconds is no big deal… [/B]

You can set “Audio extraction quality” in the Audio Profile to “Bad - fast” to speed up reading.

Thanks Olli for the suggestion…would this only help improve read speed if there was an audio track??

Originally posted by nealh
Thanks Olli for the suggestion…would this only help improve read speed if there was an audio track??

This would only apply to audio tracks, yes.

how stupid i was , the right click , i didn ’ t know , or i missed some info , anyway,

futureproof and olli ,

thankx ,

I have a similar problem… but only in audio cds… i´ve tried to change the quality of the reading but it keeps reading between 2x and 4x with my ASUS DVD E612… in CCD3 i didn´t have any problem… does anyone know why???

Originally posted by Manatu
I have a similar problem… but only in audio cds… i´ve tried to change the quality of the reading but it keeps reading between 2x and 4x with my ASUS DVD E612… in CCD3 i didn´t have any problem… does anyone know why???

What selected speed for Audio Tracks is shown in the logbook?

In the logbook?? (in the profile settings?) … i´ve set the speed in audio and data to 40x (the max of my drives) after i read your reply, i made some tests with a 34min audio cd:
ASUS DVD E612 -bad quality - speed= 22x
ASUS DVD E612 -best quality - speed= 4x
LG 24x10x40x -bad quality - speed= 30x
LG 24x10x40x -best quality - speed= 30x
The reading quality in CCD3 was the “bad quality” you used in CCD4?
Thank you for your attention,
MANATU

>The reading quality in CCD3 was the “bad quality” you used in CCD4? <

Yes.

oh… ok!
How much quality is lost for each setting (from bad to best)?