Low Burn Speed

vbimport

Hi!

I’ve got a problem with my burning speed. My configuration:

NEC ND-3520, connected as Master via an 80-pin-IDE-cable to a Promise IDE controller card; WinXP Pro SP2; Nero 6.6;

My IDE Controller Card says that UDMA mode 3 is the current setting for the drive, but I can’t change that anywhere…

The problem is: My burn speed won’t go above approx. 2.000 KB/sec, even if wanted burning speed is set much higher (for both DVD and CD).

Help would be very much appreciated.

Greetings, Thomas

It’s well-established that Promise cards do not handle writers well, my Pioneer writer isn’t even properly recognized on the Promise card, this has been discussed in other threads. Put the writer on as single/master on the PC’s secondary IDE port, and put the hard drives currently on the PC’s port onto the Promise card. :smiley:

NEC ND-3520, connected as Master via an 80-pin-IDE-cable to a Promise IDE controller card; WinXP Pro SP2; Nero 6.6;

My IDE Controller Card says that UDMA mode 3 is the current setting for the drive, but I can’t change that anywhere…

The problem is: My burn speed won’t go above approx. 2.000 KB/sec, even if wanted burning speed is set much higher (for both DVD and CD).

Help would be very much appreciated.

Read this thread http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=90930

… Steve …