Love the program but

Love the program Renee but I do find myself holding back a little on my actual ripping because I, like many others are eagerly awaiting an update, hehehe. The main bugbear for me is a lack of start menu (I know its irrational but I just love a start menu) and the innability to do multi episode rips.
I certainly cant fault the program as it stands as it does exactly what it is claimed to do, but feel any of the above improvements would make the program the best there is by far available on the market, so if you have any news on a time scale for any update, please give us all a break and give us something to look forward to, hehehe.

Apparently, a lot of time is being wasted on trying to secure the program from hackers. I will say this. If Erwin is successful in preventing future versions of DVD2one from being hacked, he will be the greatest programmer there is. Otherwise, it will all be another exercise in futility as so many other programmers have learned. Meanwhile, we all wait patiently… or semi-patiently. I just hope this attempt to secure DVD2one doesn`t kill the enthusiasm and allow another program to take its place.

I’ve succesfully tested the beta of 1.01 yesterday, so i think a release is comming very soon.

Erwin knows he can’t stop it from being cracked, but that doesn’t mean we have to spread it without protection!

You don’t let your frontdoor open at night, so a burglar can have a easier way into your house now do you? I tought so :smiley:

I’m just curious about whether the new version of DVD2ONE addresses the encrypted data error at all…

Yes, But what is soon?

Housr, Days, Weeks??

Days i presume (this stuff is in Erwins hands, but it’s close to finish)

Well DVD2one NEVEREVER will decrypt, so if your content still contains encrypted blocks the Encryption error will popup!

Glad to hear the update is due as we are all eagerly waiting for it. Everyone I know who I have told about this program has bought it as I feel supporting innovations like this is essential and no-one could say it isn’t worth every penny.

Just dont forget about us all when your rich and famous, hehehe.

and give me a lift in your Porsche when you get it…

Porsche only in my dreams…

Reality is a VW Golf (or Rabbit) model 3 DIESEL! :slight_smile:

Do you know what the fixes/improvements are yet?
Since it’s almost getting released?

ReneB, that’s not a very supportive answer.

I know the program doesn’t decrypt.

I’m not asking it to.

I’m asking that the error that says my files are encrypted when they are not, be fixed.

Its becoming a very common problem, to different degrees, for more and more people.

People are running into the error on both commercial and home produced DVDs.

There is a problem, and it should be fixed.

I don’t mean to be rude, but when I’ve paid for a piece of software I expect it to work…and at least hope for some support from the makers…rather than pretending there isn’t a problem and that the files are encrypted.

If every other program that works with the very same VOB files says the rips I’ve done are unencrypted then there is something wrong with the way DVD2ONE does it’s checking.

m0rdant, which dvds have you had problems with. What region and format. I am curious just because I have not personally run into this problem. I am not insinuating that it does not exist, just simply curious to see if I can re-produce it. I have done about 40 disc now without any problems but that does not mean the problem does not exist.

One must keep in mind the terrible legal pressure that the developers are under. An application that auto-regenerates an ifo is what was needed and it was delivered. An application that allows for 8gb of data to be saved on a 4gb disc is truely amazing. For what its worth; DVD2One is a godsend and i will support this app and all of its so-called shortcomings faithfully!

dun4cheap, I have had the problem with almost every DVD I have tried. Some of them I know others have had success with.

The Extended Lord Of The Rings disc 1 was the first. I finally had success with that one by going through a complicated process I detailed in the msgs with the “encryption error” title. I have since found that work around to have been a fluke. Disc 2 of the same set I was not able to do.

I had success with Chasing Amy and Roadhouse, both by using the workaround…both failed with DVD2ONE and smartripper/dvddecrypter. Failure with Shrek (which I just read someone else succeeded with) and Mallrats. Young Master (a DVD5) also failed.

I’ve tried ripping to an image file and then mounting the image. I’ve tried ripping the mounted image. I’ve tried installing another DVD-ROM and ripping from there. I’ve done a complete clean re-install of winXP.

I’m not just sitting around waiting for it to be solved. I would even have been content with the workaround I found if it had worked out to be consistant.

I think its a great little program DVD2ONE. Perfect for my needs if it would only function for me. The only reason I’m getting a bit negative is that the reply dismissing my problem as a failure to rip correctly really bothered me…that’s all.

Do you by chance have another DVD rom drive you can try? Is it possible you are having a problem with your cpu or maybe even a virus. I just have not seen any of these problems. Maybe we can pin point it to a specific hardware device. I am not sure it has anything to do with the dvd2one software.

Check on the procedures that you are following. I have successfully backed up Gladiator on a single. That was 8gb b4 and 4.4gb after.

I’ve tried two DVD-roms…and that seems enough.

If its not a problem with DVD2ONE then why is DVD2ONE the only software affected?

As I stated, I’ve done a complete clean re-install of winXP including formatting the hard drive…so I can’t see a virus being the problem.

My machine is running fine. I’ve had DVD2ONE running on its own with nothing in the background. Also, the times its worked have tended to happen when something else WAS running the background.

I’ve tested my memory and it passed. The system isn’t crashing, DVD2ONE just sees the Vob files as encrypted. It doesn’t always happen at the same point even on the same rip. It might actually have nothing to do with encryption, thats just the error msg that DVD2ONE gives.

I’ve tried downloading a 2nd copy of DVD2ONE. I even had the same trouble with the trial version, but for some reason thought it would be fine in the full version.

I’ve ripped with Smartripper and DVDdecrypter in everyway possible. I’ve ripped images…I’ve ripped from images…file and ifo and movie mode…force everything.

Ah well.

I really just wanted to know if this was being looked at for the next version, but it appears it is not.

So, one pissed off customer out of hundreds…not bad really.

Originally posted by ReneB
[B]I’ve succesfully tested the beta of 1.01 yesterday, so i think a release is comming very soon.

Erwin knows he can’t stop it from being cracked, but that doesn’t mean we have to spread it without protection!

You don’t let your frontdoor open at night, so a burglar can have a easier way into your house now do you? I tought so :smiley: [/B]

Rene, I can appreciate your sentiment. And your analogy regarding the front door was right on but I’m sure the vast majority that will use this program will most certainly pay the $44 for this great program.

For those people, including myself, we are eagerly awaiting 1.01 so we can fulfill our anal desire to have a cool menu. LOL As for those other people that won’t pay such a small amount for a great program to support the programmers effort…WELL!

I’m sure you’ll agree that the serial/password or whatever security is used will be cracked in days, more like hours after the program is released. It will be readily available at the crack sites for those who want it. I believe that a large nucleus of users out there have a conscience. We may all have some programs that are cracked but sort of like an “honor among thieves” mentality, when the user community sees a program that delivers and at such a fair price. there’s almost an obligation to support the author.

I’ve paid for and registered this awesome program, so what I’m saying is please tell Erwin not to worry too much about the “open door” and maybe put a little trust in the user community-at-large to support him. In addition, sometimes those extra security “features” create some weird problems…(thinking about new Securom releases).

These are just my thoughts on the subject. I’ll be happy to get the new release when it’s ready. Although, I’ve been saving some DVDs just for the menu feature, it sure would be nice to have it for this long holiday weekend in the U.S. (hint, hint)

Thanks,
Mike

Originally posted by m0rdant
[B]dun4cheap, I have had the problem with almost every DVD I have tried. Some of them I know others have had success with.

The Extended Lord Of The Rings disc 1 was the first. I finally had success with that one by going through a complicated process I detailed in the msgs with the “encryption error” title. I have since found that work around to have been a fluke. Disc 2 of the same set I was not able to do.

I had success with Chasing Amy and Roadhouse, both by using the workaround…both failed with DVD2ONE and smartripper/dvddecrypter. Failure with Shrek (which I just read someone else succeeded with) and Mallrats. Young Master (a DVD5) also failed.

I’ve tried ripping to an image file and then mounting the image. I’ve tried ripping the mounted image. I’ve tried installing another DVD-ROM and ripping from there. I’ve done a complete clean re-install of winXP.

I’m not just sitting around waiting for it to be solved. I would even have been content with the workaround I found if it had worked out to be consistant.

I think its a great little program DVD2ONE. Perfect for my needs if it would only function for me. The only reason I’m getting a bit negative is that the reply dismissing my problem as a failure to rip correctly really bothered me…that’s all. [/B]

m0rdant - I have recently copied several dual layer disks onto a single DVD+R disk. These include Shrek, Bourne Identity & Sweet Home Alabama. I used DVD Decrypter to rip just the main movie files and DVD2one to strip all but the DTS or DD tracks. I then used RecordNow to burn the disks, They all work great. DVD2one works great.

Milton43,

I don’t argue that DVD2ONE works great for the majority of users.

It doesn’t work for every user.

I’m unlucky enough to be one of the ones it doesn’t work for.

There are a few others. Some on this board, some on Doom9, some on DVDRHELP.COM

I said that I knew others had no problem with Shrek, it just didn’t work for me. DVD2ONE sees my ripped Vobs as encrypted. They are not. Other programs like TMPGenc don’t see them as encrypted.

Its great that people are so adament in their defence of DVD2ONE…I’m not attacking it though.

I’m just an unhappy customer. Anyway, I’m waiting for the next version…and the need to work out a better copy protection delaying the next version is adding to the annoyance. I had access to a cracked copy, and bought the software anyway.

I think most of us are happy to pay for something that does the job at a reasonable price. DVD2ONE is a decent piece when it works and is priced nicely.

Delaying bug fixes ect for something you know (must know) is going to make little difference in the pirating of the software is bad customer service, and by doing so the DVD2ONE crew is building some resentment.

At this point I would happily take a refund and never bother with DVD2ONE again.

someone please give him some money!