I have a problem with a high number of C1 errors for CDR’s used to make backup copies of my original audio CD’s. But when I run tests on the same branded CDR’s with only data files on them (eg MP3), the C1 errors are quite low and C2 is zero. Audio CDs were burnt with Feurio!; data CD by Nero Express.
Software: Feurio! v1.67 for copying audio CDs ; Nero Express for writing data files
Burn Speed: 4X (CLV) for audio Cds - Feurio! notes that the writer can’t burn at 1X and 2X ; 52X for data files (Nero)
CDR Media: Sony Supremas (by Acer Media) and Mitsubishi Sonic-Azo
- Audio CD tracks of two different audio CD’s - both in perfect condition.
- Various data files from hard drive.
CD Quality Test Software: KProbe2 v2.4.2
Here are the results: (KProbe2 doesn’t seem to recognize the maker of any the CDR’s, although Feurio! does)
- Audio CD Copy 1 : Mitsubishi Sonic-Azo (Feurio! at 4X)
- Audio CD Copy 2 : Sony (by Acer) (Feurio! 4X)
- Data CD 1 (Single movie file) : Mitsubishi Sonic-Azo (Nero Express 52X)
- Data CD 2 (Photo Files) : Acer Media (Nero Express 52X)
The results for the audio CDs really frustrate me. I know Mitsubishi isn’t the best out there, but there’re no TY or Mitsui here. I don’t know whether I’ve configured Feurio! wrongly or is it the burn speed. If anyone can help, it’s very much appreciated! Thanks in advance!