LOTR-return of the king

vbimport

well, lets see… i dont know jack squat about copying gmaes and playin burnt copies. so if anyone kind enough to help me, please let me know what to do.

i have the LOTR return … 3cds burnt from images.
copy protection SafeDisc v-3.10.020
but how do i get around it??
i started the setup till i got to disc 3 (game disc) then it just stops and says cant locate necessary file or is corrupted and erases all the 72% it setup from discs 1 and 2.

now it starts up but as its about to start up the game stops and ’ missing file char_gan.scw in player folder’ and exits. i looked all over the three discs for the file . i know sounds pretty ignorant . but nonetheless please help.

Firstly, we don’t talk about cracks here.

What software did you use to image/burn the games?

What reader/burner did you use?

What media have you used?

LOTR : ROTK 's cds. Disc one has no protection, Disc two has no protection, and disc three has SafeDisc on it.

Have you checked this forum?

If you are installing/playing from a burner, do you have an ATIP hider activated (Alcohol 120%'s Ignore Media Type of CloneCD’s Hide CDR media) option?

BTW, that file you were looking for, it is probably in a setup .CAB and they can mostly only be open by the setup file.

Thanks for the info… i should have been more careful with what i was discussing…
but i have the alcohol 4.1
i am reall y a novice…
what do i use ti with
i have matsu cd burner
the cd image was done by my brother on his comp so i dont know what he used
is it possible to still use these cds to install and play ?

Your burner can do SafeDisc 2 correctly…good.

But first, load the images onto Alcohol’s (or others) virtual drive, with NO emulation settings enabled. Try to install/run the game from the drives and if they do, then you will know that the image is ok. Then post back.

What settings did you use to burn the images in the first place?

hi, i have an up to date laptop (compaq presario) 1gb ram, 120gb HD. 128mb vram etc. but when i start the game it says “check you video drivers…” and does not start.

[QUOTE=mashmvp;2434813]hi, i have an up to date laptop (compaq presario) 1gb ram, 120gb HD. 128mb vram etc. but when i start the game it says “check you video drivers…” and does not start.[/QUOTE]

If you had bought the game you would already know that your Laptop power is insufficent. :cop: