LOTR Fullscreen to widescreen

In gordian knot, what resolution should i use to convert LOTR fullscreen to widescreen and also what resizing filter should i use? I don’t want the fullscreen divx, because i want higher quality.

TIA

Converting from Full Screen to Widescreen won’t give you higher quality and is also not possible. The movie was filmed in Widescreen and then used Pan and Scan to convert to full screen. by converting to widescreen you would have to crop the top and bottom off therefore probably cutting actors heads off lol…save yourself the trouble and just keep it fullscreen

Should not it be a simple matter of resizing it from one resolution to another? It seems like you should be able to do that without a problem. But I guess not. The only reason I thought it would be higher quality is because with a full screen movie there is more picture to deal with versus a wide screen movie. I am mad at myself for buying the full screen version because I’d bet it’s going to be Hard for me to encode.

Anyway, what resolution Should Gordian knot be Set to?

By the way sorry for having strange capitalization. My keyboard is broken and I have to use dictation software in Microsoft word.

A Widescreen movie is not converted into Full screen by resizing, but by chopping off parts of the picture. Since you have no way to get this part back, encoding into widescreen would be crazy.

But as for your original question, around 2bpp should be fine, for LOTR.

Okay. Thank you. Lately I have been using 99 minute blank CD’s to encode divx Movies. Considering that lord of the rings is like three hours long, would you recommend encoding onto one or two CD’s? Or just two standard 700 MB CD R’s?

I read that you encoded lord of the rings on to one CD R, and that it looked good. Was that using xvid? I have yet to encode a movie with xvid, do you think that this would be a good movie to start with?

Okay. Thank you. Lately I have been using 99 minute blank CD’s to encode divx Movies. Considering that lord of the rings is like three hours long, would you recommend encoding onto one or two CD’s? Or just two standard 700 MB CD R’s?

Well, of course, more CD’s always yield better quality.

I read that you encoded lord of the rings on to one CD R, and that it looked good. Was that using xvid? I have yet to encode a movie with xvid, do you think that this would be a good movie to start with?

I did, I used a custom build with toosmall_limit as 3, which many people don’t like (Smaller file size/blurrier picture quality tradeoff). I, however, can’t tell the difference.

Do you mean you can’ tell the difference betweent hat and the dvd or that and a different encode?

Originally posted by kwkard
Do you mean you can’ tell the difference betweent hat and the dvd or that and a different encode?

The different encode.

But it’s hard to tell it from the DVD (You have to look for it to tell the difference.

ok great, i’ll do a little experiementing before i encode something that long because i don’t want to waste tiem on something that doesn’t work. I’ll probably start with a 90 minute movie or something. Thanks.