Lost on firmware for pioneer 108

Lo guys

I just bought a pioneer 108 and was totally happy because of the speed.My problem is that I tried to find some hacked firmware cause everybody has been writing that it was a must.
Now my problem is that I must be totally stoopidd cause I can´t seem to get it working.
At the moment I have firmware version 1.14 got it from pioneer.
I have been reading through some of what hey all write and they all use a lot of extensions like xl and god knows what,but I haven´t got any papers with my burner so I don´t know if it has any extensions.
My prob is…can I damage something if I flash firmware wrong,and can it be flashed wrong ???
I use budget 8 speed dvd´s cause I wrote that they burn 12 without any problems,and when I look in progs like decrypter it says that it goes 2 - 4 - 6 - 8 - 12 but when I start it the speed is only 4,anybody knows why ??
All in all it might be cause I´m confused with the way I have to flash the firmware,I´m used to one exe file and then a reboot :slight_smile:

Hope u can make head and tail in this and help me out

greetz

T2000

The short answer is YES. If your flash is wrong you could make your drive unusable forever.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=114009

I see now that my big problem was that I didn´t write dive letter hehe

Guess it will look forever to find where to put it,so it´s not flashed yet but will be thx to u´r great guides.

Really appreciate the answers

greetz

T2000