Lost my sheep, help!

I see that CloneCD is now toast.

My old Plextor 2410a is going bad, vibration and a “hot” smell coming from it. Anyway, was doing some shopping for new CDRW’s, and I went to CloneCD to make sure my new CDRW will do correct EFM encoding. To my surprise they took off all the data on the site.

Where can I find out which CDRW’s are the “good” ones?

Can anyone furnish a link to a site that has a list of CDRW’s that can do correct EFM encoding?

Hello Little Bo Peep/danny5 :slight_smile:

Here’s a list which might help you bring them fleece bearing burners back home:

http://forum.alcohol-software.com/index.php?showtopic=2196

HTH?

Lazer.

Thanks Lazer,

Mucho appreciate it. Now to sort through all the CDRW’s and get the best one for backing up my games.

Currently looking at the Plex Premium, or a Lite-on.

go with a lite-on :slight_smile: much cheaper and basically does same stuff the last i knew :slight_smile: my lite-on 24102b is nice best cd-rw drive i ever owned :slight_smile:

(p.s. im from MI to)

Originally posted by NBR
my lite-on 24102b is nice best cd-rw drive i ever owned :slight_smile:

I agree. It’s a wonderful drive and I’ll be keeping mine until it dies (which it shows no signs whatever of doing). Unfortunately though, it cannot handle sd 2.9 though 40x+ Lite-ons can.

Been looking at the LTR-52327S, but it is not listed on Alcohol’s site. Jeez, at $41us it is a bargain at Newegg.

I like the Plextor, but at around $100us, it might be a little out of my price range.

Anyone have any insight in the LTR-52327S?

Buy an ASUS burner and partner it with a LITEON DVD-ROM

There’ll be nothing you can’t do

Originally posted by FutureProof
[B]Buy an ASUS burner and partner it with a LITEON DVD-ROM

There’ll be nothing you can’t do [/B]

Hey FP, how you been? In your opinion, would it be feesible to maybe also/rather partner it with a toshiba-dvd rom?

neither drive will install a twinpeak backup

I am a big fan of Asus CDRW’s, infact I have a 1610a in the wife’s rig.

I will look into them, thanks for the heads up FutureProof.

FYI, I would be mating it up to a Liteon LTD-163, sounds like a great setup, from what your telling me…